Event Decks: Spidey (Conquering Hordes) vs Oversoul (Landslide Charge)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Heads! Good luck!
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

It's sitting three feet behind my decks at home but I still haven't sleeved it up! :oops:

Haven't been home much. Soon, though. Oh, I guess I can at least flip a coin...

Tails!
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

No mulligan here. Frontier Bivouac, done.

Spidey: 20
    Hand: ?
    Library: ??
    Battlefield:
    Graveyard:
    Exile:
    =====================================================================================
    Oversoul: 20
    Hand: 6
    Library: 53
    Battlefield:

(T) Frontier Bivouac (~ etb tapped. T: add G, U, or R to my mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Draw 7, no mulligan.

Draw
    Caves of Koilos
    Tormented Hero

Done

Spidey: 19
    Library: 52
    Battlefield:

(T) Caves of Koilos (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

(T) Tormented Hero (2/1; ~ ETB tapped.; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, Oversoul loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the life lost this way)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    =====================================================================================
    Library: 53
    Battlefield:

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

UUD, Mountain, Elvish Mystic, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Caves of Koilos (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

(T) Tormented Hero (2/1; ~ ETB tapped.; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, Oversoul loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the life lost this way)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Hand: 5
    Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
    (U) Frontier Bivouac (~ etb tapped. T: add G, U, or R to my mana pool.)

(S) Elvish Mystic (T: add G to my mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Scoured Barrens

Library: 51
    Battlefield:

(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)

(U) Tormented Hero (2/1; ~ ETB tapped.; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, Oversoul loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the life lost this way)
    (S) Bloodsoaked Champion (2/1; ~ can't block.; Raid-1B: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield. Activate the ability only if I attacked with a creature this turn)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Hand: 5
    Battlefield:

(U) Mountain

(S) Elvish Mystic (1/1; T: add G to my mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

And then you cast Bloodsoaked Champion, right?
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

LOL. Yes, and am done. :rolleyes:
    Oversoul likes this.
  9. Oversoul The Tentacled One

UUD, Forest, Thunderbreak Regent, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)

(U) Tormented Hero (2/1; ~ ETB tapped.; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, Oversoul loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the life lost this way)
    (S) Bloodsoaked Champion (2/1; ~ can't block.; Raid-1B: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield. Activate the ability only if I attacked with a creature this turn)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Hand: 4
    Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
    (T) Forest

(T) Elvish Mystic (1/1; T: add G to my mana pool.)
    (S) Thunderbreak Regent (4/4; Flying. Whenever a dragon I control becomes the target of a spell or ability Spidey controls, ~ deals 3 damage to Spidey.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Four mana for a 4/4 Flying special ability? Man, times have changed.... :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
    Mardu Hateblade

Done

Library: 50
    Battlefield:

(U) Caves of Koilos (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)
    (U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
    (T) Plains

(U) Bloodsoaked Champion (2/1; ~ can't block.; Raid-1B: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield. Activate the ability only if I attacked with a creature this turn)
    (S) Mardu Hateblade (1/1; B: ~ gains deathtouch ueot)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
    (T) Forest

(T) Elvish Mystic (1/1; T: add G to my mana pool.)
    (S) Thunderbreak Regent (4/4; Flying. Whenever a dragon I control becomes the target of a spell or ability Spidey controls, ~ deals 3 damage to Spidey.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  11. Oversoul The Tentacled One

UUD, Frontier Bivoac, attack with Thunderbreak Regent. Blocks/responses?
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

13. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Heir of the Wilds, done.

Spidey: 15
    Library: 50
    Battlefield:

(U) Caves of Koilos (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)
    (U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
    (T) Plains

(U) Bloodsoaked Champion (2/1; ~ can't block.; Raid-1B: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield. Activate the ability only if I attacked with a creature this turn)
    (S) Mardu Hateblade (1/1; B: ~ gains deathtouch ueot)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
    (T) Forest

(U) Elvish Mystic (1/1; T: add G to my mana pool.)
    (T) Thunderbreak Regent (4/4; Flying. Whenever a dragon I control becomes the target of a spell or ability Spidey controls, ~ deals 3 damage to Spidey.)
    (S) Heir of the Wilds (2/2; Deathtouch. Whenever ~ attacks, if I control a creature with power 4 or greater, ~ gets +1/+1 ueot.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Oh boy.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done

Spidey: 15
    Library: 49
    Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Mardu Hateblade (1/1; B: ~ gains deathtouch ueot)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
    (T) Forest

(T) Thunderbreak Regent (4/4; Flying. Whenever a dragon I control becomes the target of a spell or ability Spidey controls, ~ deals 3 damage to Spidey.)
    (S) Heir of the Wilds (2/2; Deathtouch. Whenever ~ attacks, if I control a creature with power 4 or greater, ~ gets +1/+1 ueot.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  15. Oversoul The Tentacled One

UUD, Mountain, Fanatic of Xenagos. Tribute?
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, I'll pay it.
  17. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I accept your tribute! :p

Um, attack with Thunderbreak Regent. Blocks/responses?
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No blocks.
  19. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Done.

Spidey: 12
    Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Mardu Hateblade (1/1; B: ~ gains deathtouch ueot)

Graveyard: Silence the Believers
    Exile:
    Hand: 2
    Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2
    (T) Forest

(U) Heir of the Wilds (2/2; Deathtouch. Whenever ~ attacks, if I control a creature with power 4 or greater, ~ gets +1/+1 ueot.)
    (S) Fanatic of Xenagos (4/4; Trample, Tribute 1.) *1 +1/+1 counter*

Graveyard:
    Exile: Thunderbreak Regent
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Wait, I thought for sure you'd say "Damage resolves?" :) During Blockers, I'll Silence the Believers targeting your Regent.