Evacuate!

D

dw51688

A blizzard is at my door (I love metaphors).

Well anyways, anyone else in the Northeast? Braving out this blizzard. I think that school's gonna be closed for today and tommorrow, maybe wednesday.

S

SwingMage

School closed today,
I hope its not closed tomorrow

Kinda surprised they closed it, since over here theres not a whole lotta snow, mebbe 2 inches. . . .

But i think more is comming later :)

how much snow do you ppls have?

C

Cateran Emperor

All closed out here, and me with a brand new PS2 and no games yet...

That's irony I guess.

D

dw51688

I checked an hour ago, we got 4 inches. Were expecting in excess of 2 feet. Wet snow... hard to shovel. Egh! It's sleeting, and frezzing raining now. Its fun to run outside and spin around. Were expecting a lot here in Massachusetts.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(I don't think, haven't checked outside)

Apparently the nor-easter is going to miss Baltimore pretty much... what a bummer... :(

C

CrazyJediSwitch

Dont mind me, just quoting everyone's fav. jedi..

N

nodnarb24

SNOW DAY!!! From the looks of it, we got around 4" here, Glens Falls, NY. This is our 5th snow day, 1 being a rain day, this year.

T

terzarima

OH god!!! The horror!!! We've had it snow over 2 feet in 2 days, and we still went to school!!! Stupid united states..."OH no I have snow on my shoes, better call off school"

You people don't have it hard, neither do I all the time, but over in Winnipeg they get up to 4 feet of snow, and people still go to school... (no kidding, really...)

G

Gerode

There was 6-8 inches of snow a few weeks ago were I live, and school was cancelled.

There was a 6.8 earthquake a few days ago were I live, and school resumed as normal :(

S

SwingMage

Originally posted by ademis22
OH god!!! The horror!!! We've had it snow over 2 feet in 2 days, and we still went to school!!! Stupid united states..."OH no I have snow on my shoes, better call off school"

You people don't have it hard, neither do I all the time, but over in Winnipeg they get up to 4 feet of snow, and people still go to school... (no kidding, really...)

hehe, its cuz americans need an excuse to be lazy :p

i dunno why there are snow days for such little snow, in sweden school never closed for snow, and I had to walk!
(well, i only lived about a mile from the school :) )

E

ErinPuff

I'm in Pennsylvania.. we have a very little bit of snow, and I didn't have school today. Peh.

M

Mundungu

yeah here in Eastern Pa they completely overdid it.
All forecasts were for a blizzard. All schools closed. Even the mall announced it would close at 5:00 pm.

End result : light snow, 1 inch max, Clear blue sky at 4 pm.

RIDICULOUS.

They believe like 4 inch is the end of the world !!

A

Apollo

No such luck. I live in Ohio and we've had a light ground cover. Not enough to count.

But it's not like they ever close the schools anyway... we'll get two feet, everyone will anxiously watch the TV, and... nothing ever happens. We've had maybe 2 snow days in the last three years, none this year.

M

MrXarvox

I live in northern Maryland. We got about 1/2 inch of snow, and that melted for the most part.
The weather forecasters are being paid off by the grocery stores... The prediction was 2 feet or so and I just had to look at their friggin' radar to tell that we were going to get nothing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, no one's forcing people to buy "milk, bread, and toilet paper". And I find it hard to believe that all those people don't have those supplies on hand already and are making their weekly or bi-weekly grocery store trip anyway...

N

nodnarb24

Well, today is the 6th snow day of the year. Usually they are stingy with snow days, must be the new principal we have this year. We got around 2' of snow over the night.

A

Apollo

Well, whaddaya know?

We got about a foot, maybe a little more, last night and schools are closed. I think the superintendant is on the CPA...

Open mouth, insert foot

S

sageridder

We got walloped,About 22 inches in total,I spent the whole day shoveling at work.Shoveling thru drifts that were 3&4 feet high blew doughnuts.