En-Kor madness

I

Istanbul

A friend of mine just faced off against me with a deck with several of the En-Kors in it...Warrior, Nomad, Spirit, etc...combined with Wall of Essence. Thing is, whenever I Wrathed, I pretty much reset his entire side of the board. Question is, how can the En-Kor archetype be improved to (A) push past a decent creature defense and (B) be resistant to sweeping effects?

D

DeathMaster666

I'd splash blue so that I could use counterspells, mana leaks, or something similar.

R

Reverend Love

Splash Blue for Cloudpost and counters. While it's not a perfect answer it's still something to consider.

Cloudpost in play:

They Wrath, your stack damage prevention of the En-Kor, use Cloudposts ability to return them to your hand. In essence it turns board sweepers into Evacuations....eeh.

....Counters.

Or En-Kor bidding *snort*

K

Killerbob

Board sweepers are a major problem to en-kors. In fact every creature type which depends on cooperation between creatures (which is common among white creatures) have problems with that. I cant think of anything else that splashing blue for counters, or splashing black for living death (which is not such a good solution). Counters seems like a good choice. En-kors is about control anyway, but rebels does it better.

Talking about boardsweepers, wave of reckoning is a nice card for the deck.

I remember this thread which features 2 decklist including my own :)

http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11166&highlight=enkor

D

DeathMaster666

Originally posted by Reverend Love
Splash Blue for Cloudpost and counters. While it's not a perfect answer it's still something to consider.

Cloudpost in play:

They Wrath, your stack damage prevention of the En-Kor, use Cloudposts ability to return them to your hand. In essence it turns board sweepers into Evacuations....eeh.

....Counters.

Or En-Kor bidding *snort*
Cloudpost is a "locus" land that adds extra mana for each other "locus" land in play. What does that have to do with it? Maybe you're thinking of something else.

N

Notepad

I still say add in some Darksteel stuff. :D ;)

The indestructible critters can take all the leftover en-Kor damage, plus they survive the wraths and whatnot. Easy!

R

Rooser

you guys..... your advice is really generic.

*splash blue for counters*:rolleyes:

- wouldn't that be a solution for everything?

You have two concerns - a creature defense, and board sweepers.

This is what you do. You splash black.

First, for Wall of Souls. This, combined with Wall of Hope - (Or Wall of Essence) give a nice, "damage dump" - except when you dump damage onto the wall of souls, you get to do damage to them! This essentially allows you to get around their defenses. You attack, and either they let it go through, or they block, and you redirect all the damage to your wall of souls and make 'em pay for their insolence!

Also, black give you access to Duress and other discard, which can help keep the sweepers away. Further, a little Vindicate never hurt nobody!

Another stupid trick you can do with black is play with maddening imp, and force your opponent to attack into your en-kor army,bounce around the damage, then march victoriously into their tapped-out kingdom!

Finally, I'm ashamed nobody suggested Second Sunrise, as that's not even off-color. It wouldn't be a bad option in many match-ups anyway, because it essentially acts as a regeneration shield for those times when you have to dump a ton of damage onto your wall of souls and/or hope.

T

train

Ummm... I suggested sunrise... and it keeps the deck mono-color...

R

Reverend Love

Doh...stupid Cloud inclusive names.

Cloud Cover...I meant to say Cloud Cover.

you guys..... your advice is really generic.
Don't knock it till ya try it...Generic is not only a term but a way of life I live by....all smoooooth sail'n.

K

Killerbob

cloud cover only works on targeted destruction, not boardsweepers.

N

Notepad

Darksteel Brute and kin are still the only way you have even an ice cube's chance in hell during Game 3 versus Rhinoseeker.

R

Rooser

Sorry, train, but to be fair, you posted that while I was typing my post.:D

The best en-kor deck I've seen was black/white. You'd be amazed what those wall of soulses can do!

R

Rooser

Apocalypse weren't no printed at the time, so no, but if you read my whole post from before, you'll notice I suggested them for a contemporary build.

O

orgg

What's that guy from Legeons that Flickers all creatures at once? Planter's Guide? He might be alright. Second Sunrise as Train Sarnath'd Rooster works similarly. Also, the Divvy card Death or Glory could help, too.

Also, Rev., Wall of Souls only affects Combat Damage. Y'll have to look up the current rulings on damage redirection to make sure it works as you're suggesting.