Limited

DarthFerret said:
The Main Event! Only on pay-per-view, Saturday Night! 6:00 pm EST

Elves and Spikes

vs.

Goblins and Minotaurs

Special Tag Team Featurette

:D
Anybody willing to try a Forum Two Headed Giant game?

(So far it's me and Oversoul...)

Also state your preference on what tribe you want to be playing...

D

DarthFerret

I got an Elves Deck and a Spike deck, so either way, I am good to go.....Sounds like a good game to try!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't have a deck for any of them right now so it's a matter of building or finding a deck in each case. I can take whatever's leftover.

L

Limited

So, we need one more..
Officially, the two deck of a 2HG can't contain more than four copies in both decks; so perhaps the deckbuilding should be done in teams?

I actually have a deck ready for each tribe, but i'll want to revise them before we start..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
So, we need one more..
Officially, the two deck of a 2HG can't contain more than four copies in both decks; so perhaps the deckbuilding should be done in teams?
Yeah, it would have to be. We can figure that out when we get a fourth player.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If I understand correctly, it's Limited and Oversoul vs DarthFerret and ? I'll be on DarthFerret's team, but I need time to build a deck (and not sure who has what tribe).

If you're just signing up players without teams so far, I don't care what the teams are.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, Darthferret will be on the elves/spikes team because he has a deck ready for either.

Limited has decks for all of them and doesn't mind playing any of them.

I have no deck for any of them yet, so I am also without preference.

All of that basically amounts to you being able to pick any of the four that you like.

L

Limited

Four players at last! Thank you Spidey :)

So, me and Oversoul vs Spidey & Darth Ferret?

Spidey & Darth Ferret: Fight amoungs yourselves to determine who will be playing Spikes and who will be playing Elves and agree on decks your playing (it might be fun to post the PM's later on so the other can see what deck considerations were made).
Oversoul: What do you want to play? PM me or something.. perhaps even with a decklist? I'll send you some of my ideas later on..

I might be stating the obvious, but I don't think we should use the knowledge of playing against two other monocolored decks. There aren't any red creatures with protection from green and vice versa, but lets not splash white for a Circle of Protection: Red or blue for an Acid Rain..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I agree that building decks to combat the known creature types (or colors, which would probably yield a bigger effect or at least a less subtle one) of the opponents would be silly. These decks could be built to act harmoniously with the partner's deck though, since it's two-headed giant.

As for which creature type I'll play, I'm not sure. I'll have to get back to you on that. Because I am behind on my lovely math class and have some other paperwork that needs to be taken care of today, so I'm not sure when I'll be getting back to you. I'll try to PM you sometime today.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Before the deckbuilding process gets too terribly far along, I think we should make it clear what the format is aside from being two-headed giant.

Tribal (minimum 1/3 of the deck must be creatures of your chosen creature type) or not?

Vintage B/R list? Legacy? Something else entirely?

D

DarthFerret

Tribal Vintage sounds good to me...anything else and you will have to explain what exactly the requirements are, since I dont know them myself.

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
Tribal (minimum 1/3 of the deck must be creatures of your chosen creature type)
Vintage B/R list?
Tribal rules apply of course.. (no Engineered Plague)

How about Legacy BR list? Or do we really want to play our power nine cards?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
Tribal rules apply of course.. (no Engineered Plague)

How about Legacy BR list? Or do we really want to play our power nine cards?
I was probably not going to throw any Sol Rings or anything in my deck anyway, but I am flexible in this regard. Not sure about the other team though...

Darthferret: Legacy is pretty straightforward. It's exactly like Vintage, except that it has no restricted list and the following banned list:

Amulet of Quoz
Ancestral Recall
Balance
Bazaar of Baghdad
Black Lotus
Black Vise
Bronze Tablet
Channel
Chaos Orb
Contract from Below
Darkpact
Demonic Attorney
Demonic Consultation
Demonic Tutor
Dream Halls
Earthcraft
Entomb
Falling Star
Fastbond
Frantic Search
Goblin Recruiter
Grim Monolith
Gush
Hermit Druid
Illusionary Mask
Imperial Seal
Jeweled Bird
Land Tax
Library of Alexandria
Mana Crypt
Mana Drain
Mana Vault
Memory Jar
Metalworker
Mind Over Matter
Mind Twist
Mind's Desire
Mishra's Workshop
Mox Emerald
Mox Jet
Mox Pearl
Mox Ruby
Mox Sapphire
Necropotence
Oath of Druids
Rebirth
Replenish
Skullclamp
Sol Ring
Strip Mine
Tempest Efreet
Time Spiral
Time Walk
Timetwister
Timmerian Fiends
Tinker
Tolarian Academy
Vampiric Tutor
Wheel of Fortune
Windfall
Worldgorger Dragon
Yawgmoth's Bargain
Yawgmoth's Will

I don't think anyone here was planning on playing a Time Walk in this tribal game anyway. But there are some cards that might make a more serious difference. I'm not sure if one format would be particularly advantageous to one side or the other (I have my ideas, but I am not telling :p).

D

DarthFerret

I really do not think that it matters to me one way or the other. I cannot think of anything I have that would be in that list right now...so either way...

D

DarthFerret

Just wondering how everyone was coming on thier respective deck builds...

L

Limited

I consider my deck done.. if Oversoul gives it the o.k. :)

And how is the Green Team?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I checked out Limited's decklist and will send him mine today. We'll be ready by later on tonight (okay, so you're both in an earlier time zone than me, but I'll try to have it done within three hours of making this post) if you guys will.

Edit: Okay, I guess our team is ready.