elf deck

C

chris92

still another deck which i am currently developing. and hope to be using on a casual tourney this april 6th

lands
15 forests
4 gaea's cradle

creatures
4 llanowar elves
2 fyndhorn elves
4 priestess of titania
4 wellwisher
4 llanowar sentinel
4 elvish warrior
1 elvish lyrist
1 kamahl pit fighter

others
3 winter orb
2 overrun
2 biorhythm
4 giant growth
3 naturalize
4 rancor

suggestions?

N

Notepad

You've got a lot of mana generation there, but I don't see any real use for it except Kamahl. btw~ You have the wrong Kamahl. Its Fist of Krosa you want in your deck. ;)

This looks like a classic Senor Stompy variant, but the problem this deck is gonna face is it doesn't have anybody with Rogue Elephant's speed & size. If your strategy is to lock the opponent down, you're gonna need to get another Winter Orb. If you're planning on rushing your opponent with all your weenies, you'll need more Overruns to make sure you draw them. If this is a tournament, I suggest putting in a 4th Naturalize. Those things will always save your butt in tourneys. If they don't, well then likely you didn't draw one. ;) :D

I like Rancor for rushing, but I think it should be replaced with some method of keeping your dudes alive against removal. Giant Growth works for this, but it isn't gonna keep the game on your side after a Pyroclasm.

Have fun at the tourney, man! :D

T

Tabasco

either add ...

2 Phantom Centaur

or

2 Blastoderm......Something with some fat on it..

and since you are going mostly tribal here some Wirewood Hivemasters would help out with you stompy rush.....who doesn't like a bunch of 4/4 trampling Insects wrecking house?

Like Sefro said Naturalize is always a good thing to keep on hand....or you can use the new Viridian Zealot....a 2/1 elf for GG with natualize built in....

and Wild Might is a possibly option with this deck since they will be locked up with lands....I gives a posible +5/+5 vs. +3/+3 from giant growth......

you could also add a crop rotation (T1 resricted) to search for the cradle...making it seem like you have 5....

Llanowar Sentinel seems kinda over priced at five for a 2/3..(and search for another) and the warrior seems kinda "blah" as a 2/3 for GG. I would also put epic struggle in if you have them....

I also think you mean Kahmal, Fist of Krosa.....

Just some suggestions.....take them as you will....and good luck at the tourney!!!

T

train

I want to say that Creeping Molds can do you real well - destroying artifacts, lands and enchantments...

add 3 and take out a naturalize and a giant growth maybe...

if you have them - it's a no brainer for the Coat of Arms...

that was all I have...

Good Luck on whatever you decide...

N

Notepad

You guys are suggesting stuff with higher casting costs. So that means either cut out the Winter Orbs, or use only a bit of the higher casting cost stuff. Creeping Mold is nice for the land destruction, but I think Naturalize has it totally beat as far as casting cost goes, and the instant speed.

T

train

But Sef - with all the elf mana cc is not an issue for spells... If so "ad Fistings" wouldn't be in there...;)

I'm looking for more diversification... Heck - Living Wishes could work wonders...;)

D

DeathMaster666

You should try Viridian Zealot. Its my current favorite card from Darksteel, and it is a Naturalize on a stick.

T

train

Naturalize on a stick... sounds like Isochron scepter, nat imprinted...;)

N

Notepad

I've never played an Elf Orb deck before. Just classic Stompy, which I still have and use from time to time. All those elves sure do make an interesting addition.

I hope chris92 lets us know how the tourney went.

T

train

Elf orb isn't a bad deck - It's better though with an Icy Manipulator, or Mishra's Helix, that way you can lock down all their mana permanently...;)

R

Rooser

Yeah, where is chris92? I sure do like him. He's way better than chris91 and years ahead of chris78. I hated chris78!

That guy unscrewed my salt shaker and laced all my boxers with Ben-Gay.

T

train

Ben's Gay?!...:eek:
:p

"There's nothing wrong with that..."

On the other hand - be glad he didn't lace them with jalapeno juice... man that would burn!...
:eek: :D

C

chris92

sorry guys i just graduated, and i took a weeks vacation.
the tourney's this coming monday.

i've been trying to get my hands on some viridian zealots, they cost a lot. this is why i don't like playing stadard, it costs loads of money.

yea, it was supposed to be fist of krosa. derms and the centaur are both nice but i would want to keep it an all elf affair, how i wish for kamahl's ears to grow a bit longer.
sure llanowar sentinels are costly, but with the mana generation casting them all in one turn is always a possibility and makes mid game and late game wins possible.

i used to run a set of orbs and overruns, but more often than not it was kinda overkill. and i had to make room for biorhythm.
the creatures are real weak, but with little casting costs and the mana generation, a turn4/5 biorythm/overrun with 4 creatures attacking almost always spells death for the opponent.
living wishes could do wonders.

and aside from being an ok deck its also an elf/kamahl theme deck, with the rythms and naturalize :)

thanks for the support guys.

T

train

graduated in the middle of March... that's something different...

congrats!

and please do let us know how the deck fares...:D

C

chris92

we do things differently here in the philippines. thanks!
sure will :)

T

train

Did you leave the Philipines for the vacation?...

Did you hit up some remote Magic shop and buy tons of rare Alpha cards?!!!:cool:

C

chris92

nope, just a nearby island.
how i wish bro, suddenly a lot of shops that were once selling magic singles are now selling yu-gi. :(