Echo... Echo... Echo...

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by WhiteMagic, Sep 8, 2000.

1. WhiteMagic New Member

I understand the basic idea of how echo works, but under what circumstances other than initially summoning a creature does echo have to be paid?

As an example, my friend had an Albino Troll in play for a couple of turns (so the echo cost had been paid). I played a card which let me take control of his Albino Troll during his turn (I had several creature control cards in the deck, and I can't remember now which one I used). During my next turn's upkeep, he stated that I had to pay echo on the Troll... and me having no green, into the graveyard he went.

Is my friend correct? Also, in what other circumstances does echo need to be paid (he thought if you resurrected your own Echo creature, you'd have to pay echo?)

Thanks, as always, for your answers!!
  2. Namielus Phrexian Plaguelord

Yep echo has to be paided by the new owner also, this also happens when the creature is flickered or just leaves play and comes bad, like if it has phasing (at that point it would be a really bad card)
  3. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Whenever a creature with echo first comes under your control, you have to pay echo on the next upkeep. This happens no matter how it came under your control, be it from spell, recursion, or just casting the thing.
  4. Gizmo Composite: 1860

Yep.

Parallax Wave, Armageddon!
    (snicker)
  5. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

Gizmo..good combo..expensive to play
  6. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

That, and nobody plays with you after that goes off...
    At least, nobody who doesn't target you does...
    That, and their creautres all need to have echo...