Dregs of Sorrow

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It just occured to me that it's been a while since I saw this card or thought about it. A lot of that is of course due to the enormous mana requirement, but in casual play, that should be more of an incentive to play it than ever...

So I was just wondering what everyone's favorite tricks were for this hugely powerful yet overcosted sorcery.

M

Mikeymike

Well, I don't use it much anymore b/c of Decree of Pain.

However, its extreme non-symmetrical effect is still ugly powerful. I like it with a simple Cabal Coffers, it often can power for 4. It is a game swinger, no doubt.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wow I just looked at that card for the first time--Decree of Pain is huge...

The only edge this has over it is controllability (which isn't much). You don't lose your own creatures to Dregs (unless you want to). It is so very slow, but it creates a massive swing in the late game. I guess Coffers is great for that...

M

Mikeymike

Decree of Pain is also pretty cheap. It is usually a $1-2 rare on eBay.

Side note about Dregs. My buddy is just getting back into the game and his collection is pretty bunk right now. I gave him a bunch of cards to get started, including 2 Dregs of Sorrow. Needless to say, he busted them out in a recent MP game and completely kicked my butt.

R

Rooser

Wow, Dregs in casual multi? I'm embarrassed I hadn't thought of it already! yeah, in mono-black control deck with coffers, this could be the mega-awesome sauce panda lord.

R

Rooser

Well, sure, I guess in casual multi, decree would be even better.

T

Tabasco

Even its cycle ability is kinda sick!! oops there goes that weenie horde...Its kinda like a total wipe out spell, with a mutilate as a cycle...EVIL!!