Double Strike

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Troll, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Troll Dr. Satan

I thought I understood Double Strike but I had a few ppl over for casual night and one guy said I had DS all wrong. Here's the situation. He attacks with a 2/2 dude with double strike and holding a Jitte with no counters. I block with a 2/2 dork. He said his 2/2 deals first strike damage to my guy and kills him getting 2 counters on Jitte. Then the damage comes through to me and he removes the 2 counters for +4/+4 and deals 6 (2/2 with +4/+4) directly to me and puts 2 more counters on Jitte. Is that right? Have I been playing DS wrong the whole time?
  2. Gizmo Composite: 1860

Well, the Double Strike bit is right, the blocked creature dealing damage to you is wrong. If the creature had trample that would happen, but not otherwise.
  3. Troll Dr. Satan

That's exactly what I thought :mad: . I tried to tell him if his dork had trample, but I was outnumbered when the group was asked. Thanks for your help. :D
  4. Killer Joe Active Member

I had to make a call about that at the Ravnica Pre-Release and I remember thinking over and over again that the double striker was initially blocked and that doesn't change but it took me about 10 seconds to respond to the players. I think "Trample" was sticking in my head and that's why I waited just a bit to say something.
  5. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Yeah, this type of thing happens to me all the time.

Bleh... Had to quit a game because a guy thought trample meant that the damage could go through unblocked.