Double Strike, double opponent's damage?

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Reverend Love, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Reverend Love New Member

Please help! I'm at work with crystalkeep and WoTC's site restricted at the proxy!

Does a creature with double deal both first strike and normal combat damage to the player as well?

I'm saying it does, my opponent says no they errata’d it.

Say a Cephalid Constable equipped with a bonesplitter AND fireshrieker return six permanents or only 3?

Thanks,
    RL

Fireshrieker on a Scalpelexis, remove 4 cards more if same, THEN remove another four cards and repeat if same?
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yes, it does first-strike damage and normal damage, I haven't even heard there was consideration to "errata" it.

So there's a first-strike damage step in which any effects trigger, and then a normal damage step when they trigger again. So it's double the happiness, fun, and pain.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

spidey would be correct...

a tidbit - you can make the creature lose the ability after first strike or even before with something as simple as humble...

If it lost it after first strike - it would deal 0 damage, as it's temp. power would be 0...

If it lost it before first strike damage dealing it would not deal any first strike damage, and would only deal 0 during normal damage assignment...

You can also change it's power before the normal damage step begins, say, with a giant growth, making it deal 3 during first strike, and then 6 during normal... for a total of 9...

etc, etc,...
  4. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

My buddy was Fire-shrieking my sorry butt with his Raven Guild-Master (using Shadowrift to make him unblockable).
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

that's pretty bad beatings mikeymike...

was he upset or something - pissed at you maybe?...

or did you tell him to...

"stop staring at my boobs"!...

:p
  6. Reverend Love New Member

Thanks for the rulings Spidy and Loco.

But what about the Scaplksjdfsl;djfsl;djfexis..you know that flying beast thing? If fireshrieker is attached and he get's through will his ability trigger twice or just once?
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It will trigger twice because it's dealing combat damage twice: once from the first-strike damage step and second from the normal damage step.
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

again - spidey's right on Sc;laskgexis...

just hope your opponent doesn't play relentless assault afterwards...

:eek: :D
  9. Rooser Thread Necromancer

I am posting here simply to validate Spidey's correct ruling.

Yes.

Constable returns six perms, scalpelexis triggers twice.

Double strike counts as dealing damage twice.

Both awesome and possum.