Double Sacrificing a creature???? Help with a new enchantment..

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Hello.. Im in the process of working on a particularly strange card..
I did need some help with the wording however..

[SOULS]:BLACK Enchantment BBBB
In response to sacrificing a creature to pay an additional cost, as an upkeep requirement, or to use an ability, you may sacrifice the same creature for another cost or ability.

(If you must sacrifice a creature to pay an upkeep cost, or as an additional cost to play a spell you may also sacrifice the same creature to pay for the activated ability of another creature or another spell. All choices must be made at the same time.You may only sacrifice a creature a second time as a fast effect for either an ability that is in play, or as an additional cost to play an instant spell or effect.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you can work it under current Magic rules and the "sacrifice" definition. A permanent can only be sacrificed once and has to be there when the ability resolves or the "other" part of the clause will take effect. So if you sacrifice to your new ability, you can't sacrifice to the original ability.

L

Limited

Spidey is right; your wording now will not work and cause major timing issues (costs are paid before the effect is put on the stack..). If you really want something to promote "sac-a-creature" cards you could just make your enchantment read:

Pieces of Flesh BBB
Whenever you sacrifice a non-token creature, put a 0/1 Flesh token into play.
At end of turn, destroy all Flesh.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Aside from breaking the ordinary rules of the game (not that new cards haven't done that before), this card has another problem...

I sacrifice my Pearled Unicorn to Ashnod's Altar for two mana, triggering weird enchantment thing, and use it to sacrifice my Pearled Unicorn to Asnod's Altar for two mana, triggering my weird enchantment thing, and use it to sacrifice my Pearled Unicorn to Ashnod's Altar for two mana, triggering my weird enchantment thing, and use it to sacrifice my Pearled Unicorn to Ashnod's Altar for two mana, triggering my weird enchantment thing, and...

F

Force of Will Smith

i'd have to word it so the permanent would be removed from the game..
I think i know a more boring way this could work..

[SOULS]:BLACK Enchantment BBBB
Whenever you sacrifice a non-token creature to pay an additional cost, an upkeep requirement, or to use an ability, put a token creature into play and treat it as an exact copy of that creature. Remove this token from the game at the end of any phase. (These tokens may not be sacrificed to pay for the same cost)

This way.. no bizarre wording..

Lord of the Pit..
at the beginning of your upkeep, you have a 2/2 hill giant in play and an altar of dementia..
sac the giant for lord of the pits cost... you have a copy of it that lasts until the end of your upkeep.. you sac it to the altar.

You can do some dynamite things...
for example...
say you have a

Priest of Gix, wicked reward, culling the weak, endless scream (in hand)

Vampire Bat, Carnophage in play.

say you cast priest of Gix, you then play wicked reward to give you bat +4/+2.. priest comes into play.. adding BBB, then use B to cast culling... BBBBB floating... cast scream for 4 on bats..
attack with an 8/2 flier :)

i thing it'd trigger the BBB anyhow...

does it make any more sense now?