Door to Nothingness

N

Nightstalkers

Abusive? Once I get my hands on it you'll see sparks flying.

Think about it, all I need is this:

Door to Nothingness, Doubling Cube, and Composite Golem.

Any other idea's other than these two additional cards to make it work?

(And for the life of me, I keep staring at Doubling Cube and thinking how much it looks like the old Mana Vault.)

Ensouled Scimitar

When I saw that they had reprinted Yotian Soldier, I just knew they wouldn't stop there. This is pretty much the same as an old Dancing Scimitar made better.

Grinding Station

Pretty much you need something like a Nuisance Engine and a handy tool to untap it...

Oh wait... you get a token out, then you untap the Engine, use the station, untap the engine and put out another token... then the coming into play from the token untaps the Station, right?

Or...

When a token from summoning station goes to the graveyard, it untaps the station, and then you put out another token and sacrifice to mill, untapping.... that work?

Helm of Kaldra

Two words: Good God

Initially, he's a 4/4 Colorless Avatar Legend Token... but here's where it gets nasty:

Sword of Kaldra makes him a 9/9 that whenever he does damage to a critter, its outta the game permanently.

Shield of Kaldra makes them all indestructable. (Good god, now you can't even kill him easily...)

Now we come full circle back to Helm of Kaldra... which tops off your guy by giving him first strike, trample, and haste.

(When someone actually lands these three, be afraid... be very afraid...)

Bringer of the Black Dawn

He's butt ugly, but using a quick Quicksilver Amulet or other way to put him out (even paying that rainbow reduction) you can pretty much get any combo's or life saving cards during your upkeep (yeah, I know its only 1, but even that is enough to turn a games tide).

You guys are prolly gunna love this one:

Infinite mana trick using B/U (or just black with something to splash in blue mana) and you'll get a nifty little card to work:

Cackling Imp, Memnarch, Metalworker, and Voltaic Construct Will give you pretty much a one turn kill when you kill off your opponent with an imp.

come on, I condone psychotic plays.

Mephidross Vampre

Sweet artwork!!! I mean, this guy is tight. I'd invite him to my pa... eh, nevermind. (I'm allergic to vampire bites...)

Heh, put this guy out and all you'd need is to have your opponent with a bunch of 2/2 critters and you putting [ur=http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp?name=Viridian_Longbow]Viridian Longbow[/url]'s on all your critters. Instant gratification as you pump your creatures up while pegging off your opponents ^_^

Memorable mention: Relentless Rats.

STAMPEDE!!! (there be rats in them hills! XD )

Fold into Æther

Just counter your own blooming spell and throw out that big bastard of a critter you had in your hand. No worries, I only countered a crappy 1/3 Wizard to put out my 6/6 unblockable beast... *Incert evil grin*

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
Are these just previews of combos in general?...
Pretty much.

But you can't forget the power in the Door to Nothingness.

H

Homestar

i like Channel The Suns+Doubling Cube+Door To Nothingness. cuz the composite golem costs 6 to get out, whereas the channel only costs 4 for the same effect.

C

chocobo_cid

Point taken. It now looks like one could pay 3GGWRBU to have target player lose the game. :rolleyes:

S

shadow_acid

i say put in a mycosynth lattice and any means of mana generation.

C

chocobo_cid

To that end, why not a GB deck with tutors and mana accel?

H

Homestar

and just in case ur in like a 3 or 4 way, put in myr retreivers or some other kind of artifact returners (the myr was juss the first thing to come to mind). oo or maybe a bringer of the WHITE dawn or something so you could get the door right back to play. you could get him out for his alternate mana cost with the golem or something. Now that maybe the stupidest suggestion in this whole thread but i was up all night last night and cant exactly think straight.

I

Istanbul

Thank goodness they didn't print cards like Pentad Prism, Explosive Vegetation, or Rampant Growth.

...oh, wait.

Turn 1: Forest, BoP.
Turn 2: Island, Pentad Prism with 2 counters on it.
Turn 3: Mountain, Explosive Vegetation for Plains and Swamp.
Turn 4: Forest, Door to Nothingness, Rampant Growth for an Island.
Turn 5: Mountain, activate Door to Nothingness.

Not THAT hard to do with a good mana base and 4x each card other than basic land.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by shadow_acid
i say put in a mycosynth lattice and any means of mana generation.
lol, right you are.

I'm thinking about running an "anything goes" deck by abusing the lattice....

D

DeathMaster666

Just use Joiner Adept and then find your Doubling Cube.

T

train

It's going to be interesting, as that's almost as fast as ravager there isty...;)

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by DeathMaster666
Just use Joiner Adept and then find your Doubling Cube.
Doubling Cube is a but too hard to pull off before turn 6. There are better ways to abuse the Door.

T

train

In standard doubling cube is hard ot pull off before turn 6... otherwise it may jus tbe funny to watch all the time.

C

chocobo_cid

I really don't see it being played though, despite the possible hypothetical infinate mana scenarios.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by chocobo_cid
There are better ways to abuse the Door.
Only one comes to mind...

Take one of those card-holding binder pages that has nine slots and put a Door in each slot, then nail the page to a wall and you have an excellent dartboard...