Domain

D

DeathMaster666

I've been thinking about making one of these for a while, but I have no idea where to start. I'm trying to stick with basic lands so I can keep the cost down and search stuff with cards like Harrow and Land Tax.

Here's what I have so far:
4x Joiner Adept
4x Harrow
3x Land Tax

thats it. I need help here :p.

T

train

that land tax creature...

sprouting vines...

fastbond...

allied strategies...

C

chocobo_cid

What is a "Domain" deck then?

I figure that Crucible of Worlds would work well in a deck that manipulates mana sources.

T

train

Domain is an invasion block theme, that can be adapted to any format...

It basically uses all colors, and all basic lands to achieve it's win goals...

Tribal Flames, Exotic Disease, Allied Strategies - look those up for examples of domain decks...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
A "domain" deck uses the cards from Invasion/etc. that count basic land types...

Maybe Thawing Glaciers or Natural Balance/Squandered Resources...

...or Natural Balance without Resources...

LAND TAX CREATURE!????

T

train

yes - the land tax creature - the one from onslaught... name eludes me still...

Killer Joe

I don't like "Domain" as much as I like "Five-Color Green". So Birds to help smooth the color needed and maybe rampant growth or Yavimaya Elder/Granger for basic land.

C

chocobo_cid

"Land tax creature..."

Weathered Wayfarer?

That's a not-really kind of comparison.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh...

Well what does it do? I would have thought they would have told me if a Land Tax creature came out, but "they" aren't always reliable either, so I wasn't sure...

D

DeathMaster666

Well my new decklist:
4x Joiner Adept
4x Harrow
4x Birds of Paradise
3x Land Tax

I still have no idea what to do with my 5 colors!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Some domain cards maybe? Or similar stuff...

Here, too tired to write a stupid research paper, play with Appr. instead...

Turned up...

Allied Strategies
Collapsing Borders
Draco
Evasive Action
Exotic Curse
Gaea's Might
Kavu Scout
Magnigoth Treefolk
Ordered Migration
Planar Despair
Power Armor
Stratadon
Strength of Unity
Wandering Stream
Wayfaring Giant

Coalition Victory
Collective Restraint
Global Ruin
Mystic Compass
Planar Overlay
Samite Pilgrim
Tribal Flames
Worldly Counsel

Tek
Dominaria's Judgment
Last Stand

That sort of stuff...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not sure if you made that post before I was done editing mine and it was sarcastic, or if you made it really quickly after I did...

Either way, you're welcome... :D

I still like the idea of Natural Balance...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by chocobo_cid
"Land tax creature..."

Weathered Wayfarer?

That's a not-really kind of comparison.
Well, obviously getting 3 lands is better, but quite as obviously is more broken... :)

T

Tabasco

I like the Weathered Wayfarer.....mainly because you can fetch ANY land not just basic.

Why not make any creature you control a birds of Paradise with Paradise Mantle.....the casting cost of 0 is pretty nifty and you can tap any creature you control for any mana you want. along with the Joiner Adept that means 70-90% of your permanets tap to add mana of ANY COLOR.....I think I wet myself its so exciting.

C

chocobo_cid

"Paradise mantle."

Stupid equpiment cards. It should have had a green activation cost, IMO. I happen to like the Color Wheel.

D

DeathMaster666

Originally posted by Oversoul
Not sure if you made that post before I was done editing mine and it was sarcastic, or if you made it really quickly after I did...

Either way, you're welcome... :D

I still like the idea of Natural Balance...
That was before you edited it. :D

R

Reverend Love

Ka-Ka, I'm getting in on this rather late...oh well.

Death, I've been thinking of trying to combine the Domain cards of yonder with this new fangled Sunburst mechanic WoTC's been tooting their horns about.

Here's what I came up with so far...

Spells: 12
4 Global Ruin
2 Limited Resources
1 Beacon of Immortality
4 Torrents of Fire
1 Demonic Tutor

Land Search: 8
4 Harrow
4 Wayfarer’s Bauble

Creatures: 14
4 Birds of Paradise
2 Draco
2 Bringer of the Black Dawn
1 Bringer of the Blue Dawn
1 Bringer of the Green Dawn
4 Solemn Simulacrum

Land: 26
10 Forest
4 Island
4 Swamp
4 Mountains
4 Plains

The Global Ruin I'm hoping will work nicely with Limited Resources. Lock down your opponents land base, thus stalling their recovery post Global Ruin.

For land search I too chose the tried and true Harrow. However I'm also willing to give Wayferer's Bauble a go. Of course if I've got a bird first hand I'll drop it instead of the bauble. However I believe it'll provide a certain amount of stability opening hand. As long as I've got two lands and a bauble I'm good, as opposed to running extra Forest heavy and hoping for the best. Good'ol Jens pulls double duty as usual. The more I play Jens the more I like him...great card.

With Draco, and the Bringers all being heavy in the CC department Torrent of Fire should be awesome...unless it just sits there stupidly in hand.

I've also thrown in a Beacon of Immortality to use with Bringer of the Black Dawn. Every turn doubling your life total isn't shabby. However I think my first tutor will be for the Blue Bringer. While going for the Beacon of Immortality every turn is nice I really like to do other things that turn as well :)

The one thing I don't like about this deck is it's incredibly rare heavy.... :mad: ...eeh.

Anyways this is what I came up with. If you've got suggestions I'd love to hear them. If there's anything here you like have at it.

T

train

Wayfarer - he's the one... and he does get "any" land...

use him to get a krosan verge, then another, and oh look - you're playing duals... and oh my...;)