Does anyone like mercenaries?

Q

Quill

I've been looking over the list of mercenaries in Mercadian Masques, but I've yet to play a full out mercenary deck. Has anyone here tried? I'd like to know how thry do in combat :)

D

Duel

Mercenaries work well, if you have the cards and the style. The key is mana and speed. I suggest bog witch and throw in undertakers. Also, I faced a nasty mercenary/rebel conspiracy deck. I personally prefer rebels, especially now that Lin Sivvi is printed (Enduring renewal makes lin sivvi god!!!) I find that black swarm decks are somewhat lacking with mercenaries, so keep speed in the beginning and never let up on the pressure if you can. They good ones are excellent, but the bad ones are really bad.

S

sorcerer

mercenaries are really good. You just have to know how to use them. Having a conspiracy is an extreme help. You can take out a sliver queen with a cateran overlord. I know it would be easier to do with a rebel but mercenaries are stronger and with the help of bog witch and the infamous dark ritual mercenaries can almost be as fast.