do feminine players exist in Magic Touneys/Plays???

R

rYaNsPVT

... or are they just a scapegoat of WOTC that's trying to avoid feminists/sexists???

not that i dnt wnt them to... in fact, i luv to confront a girl who knows how to play/choose a good DECK(hey, the E in the deck is not misspelled!)... i luv the challenge... or cud it be that we just dnt wnt them to learn this addictive trading card game??... another mysterious wonder of a concerned magic player

[Edited by rYaNsPVT on 11-30-00 at 07:58 PM]

J

Jaws10387

Yes there are female tourny players. I know one of them is Michelle Bush. She is a magic writer too.

Z

Zero

Hmmm....rest assured, I know how to choose the best dEck around;)

Yes, im a female that plays magic.

H

Hawaiian mage

Oh yeah, you jthink it's just fine to go around thinking in your little bubble that only men and women count. Well what about the hermaphrodites!?! They have feelings too you know... :(

D

Duel

Female or feminine?
Females exist. As to feminine, though......

Kidding. I know several wonderful girls who play magic, and I avoid teasing them about it (Being bashe in the head is detrimental to my health). Besides, they're very good.

C

Chaos Turtle

I know both female players and feminine players. I also know of some unfeminine female players.

And one butch kid. He's a cranky one.

I

Istanbul

I know a lot of females that START Magic, but 90% of them drop out. Why?

Players don't take them seriously.
They get frustrated by their inability to win.
They don't like to spend their cash on the cards.
A lot of Magic players are really rude to female players.

It's a shame, but it's true.

N

Nyx

There's a mailing list for women Magic players called the Charm School. They've got quite a few players. I've only ever met 3, not counting the fact that I taught my mother how to play.

Overall though I don't think there're enough women players around.

Z

Zadok001

I played one just today, oddly enough... :) She was with Aether Rift to my Void, though, and got mana screwed both games something terrible (as in, draw two land - then draw one land in game two). Bletch. Oh, well. It was a good game, and she got to cream the Universal Net Deck afterwards for good measure, as well as join in a good-spirited multiplayer game with one of my teammates and another tourney go-er. Great player, good attitude. No complaints here.

R

rYaNsPVT

sorry MR PERFECT... i edited my subject, but the server did not change my topic... and so, the debate ends... thanx for noticing and commenting...

E

ErinPuff

I'm a female Magic player, but I don't play in tournaments.

D

Duel

I play with several females, though not regularly. the key is: "don't patrronize them!"

If there's one complaint I hear, it's that whenever they lose, the boys go over and patornize them and they get awfully angry. Remember, nobody patronized you, and you were glad. do the same for them.

A

Apollo

Just reading her posts on here, Purple Jester seems to be an excellent player. I don't know if she attends tournaments or not, but it sounds like she could.

She hasn't run in and chimed in on this thread yet, so who knows?

A

Apollo

LOL. You know, Duel, there is a reason she won the "CPA Sex Kitten" award.:)

R

rYaNsPVT

i cud tell, she's sumthin... but then, i started to wonder... is she cute and sexy??? just another food for thought...

H

Hawaiian mage

I think I heard she was Asian, so unless she's perposly trying to become a Sumo Wrestler or something she probably isn't ugly.

All though I could be wrong, what with genetic birth defects and all... :)