direct damage for green, joy!

S

saGe

as i was looking through a batch of green cards today at my local haunt, i found a card...a card called "bee sting" or somehting. Anyway , for 4 mana you can do 2 damage to any creature or player, for green! im so happpy...ok my feebleish newbieish mind will go back to slaughtering in starcraft... giid night and may the farce be with you ;P

C

Chaos Turtle

FYI-
Bee Sting is the Portal version of the identical card from Mirage (I think) called Unyaro Beesting.

It was an important card in the early Secret Force (Wakefield) deck, making blocking uncertain. Nowadays, of course, we have enough Giant Growth variants to make a card like BeeSting useless.

Z

Zadok001

Oh, I disagree! Giant Growth never could have filled the place of Bee Sting in Secret Force. The Sting was a combination of creature removal for weenies, direct damage to players, _and_ making blocking (and attacking) uncertain. It was an all-purpose card, used for everything under the sun, just like Shock is in red. :)

I wished they'd reprint it, but NOOOO! Out of flavor, they'd say... :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said 'useless.' ;)

I was referring to the preference of Symbiosis over BeeSting, though, but I caertainly agree with the weenie-removal principle.

Q

Quill

Wow..I never knew those cards existed...now if only they were instants.........<drool>

Ferret

Staff member
Unfortunately, green will get Instant direct damage on the day that it gets Counterspells and really good ways to hose Blue and Black...

-ferret

"red headed stepping stones"

Z

Zadok001

Well... Green has one great hoser for blue. River Boa. :)

"I could've sworn Bee Sting was an instant! Damn!"

Killer Joe

Hey, I won a Foil River Boa at my local shop last week for comming in 2nd for the Casual Friday Night Tournament sponsored by WotC.

This is Yellowjacket

C

Chaos Turtle

Aaargggghh!

Why can't we get FNM in my town!??

I want a freakin foil River Boa!

Gods!

Killer Joe

Then I guess I shouldn't tell you how I traded it to the shop owner for a Nemesis product (a stinkin' pre-construct, you know the crappy U/G one).

This is Yellowjacket
I'm a sucker for those little pre-con decks, I have all but two from the start of Tempest.

D

Duel

I got the U/G deck. It had one basic mistake: it told you to return your opponent's blocking creatures. don't. Return your freakin' faders! I built a decent deck from that one, which I entitled "recurring ridgbacks" the key is Ridgeback, rancor, unstable mutation (a beaut on faders) and things like curfew. Bounce your own fader and keep him coming out, plus with curfew and the like, you can return the other guys stuff too, and he's not as happy about it as you are.

C

Chaos Turtle

You traded your foil Boa!!???!?!?!!???!?!?
Ye Gods!

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Chaos Turtle wipes the sweat from his brow</font>

*sigh*
*tremble*

I would have given you a precon!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Chaos Turtle takes a sip of SoBe Wisdom and a drag from his Camel</font>

I'm alright....
I'll be fine.........