Deck concepts

D

Duel

I build my decks on a simple principle: take a great card with a drawback, and either remove the drawback or make it a bonus (islands sanctuary becomes absolutely amazing with howling mine). So what I need now is a card with a significant drawback (no, not fading, I've already solved the fading drawback). So, now I'm looking for a new deck concept and I appeal to you to give me a theme: I have more commons and uncommons from pre-weatherlight sets than anyone else I know. Plus other cards. Give me a sign, oh CPA!!!

T

theorgg

Hmmmm...

does anyone remember Sea Troll from Homelands?
Is it possible to make HIM good?(besides erratta to make his CC 1U)

C

ChasDen

Orgg,

No not really by itself, but with other stuff it makes a good blocker with:

Fylamarid - Blue Summon Beast - Uncomm. – Tempest

1/3 Flying.
Fylamarid cannot be blocked by blue creatures. (U): Target creature is blue until end of turn.

This will make its ability more obtainable, but a lot of mana to tie up with so many other great blue blockers to pick from. For the most part sea troll is a dud.

Enjoy

D

Duel

Fylmarid is usable, I'll see what I can come up with with that, to start with. I'm sure there's something...

D

Duel

I'll be happy to break flash. Just one question, what's flash?

Q

Quill

This is flash:
1U Instant

Put a creature card from your hand into play. You may pay its mana cost reduced by up to 2. If you don't, sacrifice it.

Good luck :)

D

Duel

Okay, that's breakable. Start with the potential for small fading creatures, graveyard reccurence, and multi-color creatures. I like the card. I think that it's can be used, just give me some time.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Actually, it was errata-ed. The creature doesn't actually come into play. If you pay the CC, THEN it comes into play. So don't try to use it with Academy Rector like early bargain decks.

-mike