Decent, Non-Pricey Rares for 5-Color - Blue

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Dune Echo, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Dune Echo CPA Founder, Idea Man

Blue... I am thinking that blue's rares aren't going to be that cheap... Let's have a look-see shall we?

Not a bad creature really. The trample is going to be kinda weak unless you can fully kick this creature. If you're playing heavily into red and green, this creature could be kinda fun.

Some of the players here are really starting to look at this a lot as a Moat replacement. It is good if you have the dual lands to back it up. Otherwise, consider Propaganda instead. Remember, the effects are cumulative.

If you can pay the casting cost, this is an effective spell. If you've ever seen this spell work before, then you know what I'm talking about. Misdirection is a viable alternative.

Not a great card, but can hose a beatdown deck for 1 turn, Exhaustion might function better in that capacity though (Exhaustion really isn't that bad against beatdown decks).

I seriously recommend this to any beatdown player who needs to have a replacement for Cloudskate. It's an awesome creature.

If you can pull this guy off with some fatties in hand, it might be useful and somewhat cheap.

Every card turns into an optional cantrip. Might be useful in the late game.

Yeah, yeah, this isn't great, but it's a got a one-sided Winds of Change effect and then a built in additional Winds of Change effect that you can pull off as a fast effect during combat.

That's my list of newer blue rares. What are your guy's ideas?