Dec. 1 2007 Banned/Restricted Announcement

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The biggest clump of the bannings were in the Prismatic online format, where they have effectively banned every card with Transmute.

Additionally, here's a major rules change:

DCI Floor Rule Change announcement

Effective December 20, 2007, all new Magic releases will become legal for Constructed play on the day of the product's release (rather than the 20th on the month following the release). The first set affected will be Morningtide, which will become legal for Constructed play on February 1, 2008.

So, this should provide more motivation for people to attend and actively trade for playsets at Pre-Releases.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
So, this should provide more motivation for people to attend and actively trade for playsets at Pre-Releases.
Only the tournament players and they already have pipelines for getting cards. Maybe some of the players that hit a few tournaments will make an extra effort to get the new stuff at the pre-release, but overall, it shouldn't really change anything.

Ransac, the Pittsburgh pre-release is just of the PA turnpike, you should try to make it.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I had to pay $30 in toll going to Baltimore for Thanksgiving. Toll roads piss me off right now and I don't look forward too much to driving through one again.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It was the first time I had seen that side of the family in a while! Plus, I'd MUCH rather be spending it with a REAL member of the Spiderman family than you. My uncle's father and brother were there.

Their names are John Romita Sr. and John Romita Jr. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not really surprised at the lack of changes to real formats. I haven't had the time or werewithal to follow Vintage or Legacy at all these days, but they seem pretty stable and the lists look pretty good. I still like my suggestions from my most recent article, particularly Land Tax, which doesn't really have any business being on the Legacy banned list. But maybe next time around...