'Death Star' and more (to the tune of 'Gay Bar')

G

Gizmo

'Death Star'
by Gizmo & Hamster Muffin Baby

Ben!
I wanna take you to the Death star
I wanna take you to the Death Star
To the Death Star, Death Star, Death Star

Let's destroy a planet
Destroy a peace-loving planet
With the Death Star, Death Star, Death Star
Waaaow!
With the Death Star

(Instrumental)

Now tell me do ya,
Do ya have any Wookiees?
I wanna take all your Wookiees,
To the Death Star, Death Star, Death Star!

(Instrumental)

The Force is strong within you,
On the Death Star, Death Star, Death Star.
Hah!

You're a Stormtrooper, on the Death Star
Yeah, you're a Stormtrooper, on the Death Star
Yeah, you're a Stormtrooper, on the Death Star
Stormtrooper!

Trooper,
Stormtrooper!

'Bambina!'
by Gizmo & Hamster Muffin Baby[/b]
(a tribute to my girlfriend's dead Hamster)

Girl!
I wanna tell you 'bout my Hamster,
I wanna tell you 'bout my Hamster,
I wanna tell you 'bout my Hamster, Hamster, Hamster

He slept in a ball, in a small fluffy ball,
That's my Hamster, Hamster, Hamster.
Waaaow!
That's my Hamster.

(Instrumental)

Now tell me did ya,
Did you have any bunnies?
I didn't have any bunnies,
I had a Hamster, Hamster, Hamster.

(Instrumental)

I had a ball to put him into,
For my Hamster, Hamster, Hamster.
Hah!

He was Bambina, a fluffy Hamster.
Yeah, he was Bambina, a fluffy Hamster.
Yeah, he was Bambina, a fluffy Hamster.
Bambina.

Hamster,
Bambina!

Now come on, let's hear your versions!

S

Svenmonkey

All I can say to that is, "What?" And, indeed, I will say it.

What?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

apparently I'm Sven's crazy neighbor across the way, because I haven't a clue.

G

Gizmo

Gooooooooood grief.

Don't you have a TV? Radio? Any form of communication with the outside world more sophisticated than the Pony Express?

Gay Bar!

Electric Six!

Danger, High Voltage?

Anyone?

Nobody?

COME ON!

S

Svenmonkey

No way, Azrael! You live in that SuperFresh across the way? Cool beans (and other beanlike legumes).

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I have all those things. However, they apparently aren't tuned to the Gizmo channel. I'll have to contact my local cable company and complain.

O

orgg

Y'mean THIS thing?

It might be a british thing, Giz. The word "Gay" still causes mass confusion in the United States.

G

Gizmo

I dont believe this... not only are Electric Six like... famous and stuff... they're American! Gay Bar hasnt even been released in the UK yet (just getting monstrously heavy play on all the music video request channels), and it's been out for over a month in the US!

Geez.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I don't pay much attention to american bands, you can only be dissapointed so many times before you give up.

N

Nightstalkers

sorry dog. Don't listen to anything but harmonies, techno, and whatever doesn't suck at junk shops.

and, of course, the occasional CD I have to buy at the local toonz shop.

D

DÛke

Azreal:

I don't pay much attention to american bands, you can only be dissapointed so many times before you give up.
<laugh> How true. My favorite music projects are very much European; even the random music I sort through and listen to is mostly from European origins. Again:
Azreal:

Again: <laugh> Again: how true! The thing is, you can apply that to most Americans as people - you'd "give up" after looking too deep for an average American who has at least half of a European fool’s brains…just look around the CPA, don't take my words for it. Or do you want me to point fingers? Harharhar...

N

Nightstalkers

For some reason I like mohammad's better than the brits.

R

Reverend Love

There's some pretty good "Popular" music. Just because a band is widely distributed and promoted doesn't necessarily mean they suck. Being a fan of both Metal and Industrial I consider Tool a band which is about as popular as they come to be great musicians.

Although I do have to agree in general what the RIAA is trying to shove down consumer's throats as music is merely recycled bubblegum garbage.

Gizmo

I noticed your from the UK...maybe you could me a favor and translate some British for me..what exactly does "Thanks for the tops up" mean?

R

Rando

Tool (which kicks ass) does not count as popular music.

Yes, when it comes to thier genre they are king, but they are not in the popularity league of the teenie-bopper, re-run MTV sound-alike crap that is out there.

At any rate, at any one time there is only a hand full of inovaters and everyone else trying to imitate thier sound.

jp

O

orgg

Gizmo, the reason we probably havn't heard of them is this little conglomerate called "Clear Channel."

They own close to 80-85% of all our radio stations.

THEY tell what gets played. It's all the same junk, too.

If you find a Heavy Metal station (Which Clearchannel doesn't run), it might have Gay Bar on there... but then again, it might still have a guy on the helm who won't play Judas Priest anymore since the mid-90's.

I thought the song was pretty good the first time I heard it on rathergood. It got stuck in my head... and walking around humming and absentmindedly singing it isn't a smart thing to do... :embarrassed:. Thankfully a girl I know pointed it out to me early in the day that I was absentmindedly singing it...

As for why the Americans havn't heard of them... I'm told that Human Factors Lab is getting some popularity in England. They're american. For some reason, things over here usually blow up in England before in America, and things in the UK sometimes will get big in America before in Britan(though that happens less, it does happen).

G

Gizmo

Well... 'Thanks for the tops up' I dont know, but 'Thanks for the top-up' would make sense... it's an informal way of saying something like 'thanks for filling up the top of my drink' or whatever.
If you had a glass of water, drank some, then somebody offered to 'top it up', they just want to know if you want the glass filled back to the top.

It also can be used for other things, like mobile phone credit (you can get a £10 top-up card) for instance. Just generally an informal way of asking if you want a little more of something.