Death Cloud?!?!

M

Mikeymike

Holy Crap

Death Cloud
Sorcery
XBBB (Rare)
Each player loses X life, then discards X cards from his or her hand, then sacrifices X creatures, then sacrifices X lands.
The swarm's million wings stir the foulest of breezes.

T

train

I did say the day of Black and Red was coming - just wait to see the rest of the harvest for the 2 colors...;) :cool:

13NoVa

anyone call for black-green? a deck just to piss people off, with very little possibility of winning.

4 death cloud
4 dark ritual
1 vamp tutor
1 demonic tutor
1 mox diamond
4 llanowar elves
4 priest of titania
4 fyndhorn elves
4 quirion ranger
4 ambition's cost
4 gaea's cradle
4 lake of the dead
1 regrowth
4 bayou

hmm interesting

N

Nightstalkers

Type 2's black champion card....

AND LET THERE BE.... DARKNESS MUWAHAHAH!!!!!

Nightstalker Sparks

T

train

anyone call for black-green? a deck just to piss people off, with very little possibility of winning
might as well throw in pernicious deeds and 1 spiritmonger...

now it has a chance of winning...;)

though it could easily win with the elf beatdown...;)

N

Notepad

One evil card. My brother has a burning sands/dingus egg/dingus staff/last laugh deck that will certainly have a blast with this new card...

Uhg, how I will hate playing against it in multiplayer...

Who else looks to the future with this in it and breathes a sigh of grief?

M

Master Shake

Am I the only one seeing the fact that you can not recover from this card if you play it?

Yes, it nukes land, creatures, cards in hand, life and land... but...

It is too slow to get played anywhere out of type two, you are going to lose all of your lands, all of your cards in hand, and all of your creatures, not to mention a good chunk of your life, which, if you have built a deck around this card so that you can recover from it; is going to be very low considering you are going to take on hell of a beating.

This card gets tossed in the junk rare box, unless I can trade it to one of you.

Edit: Train, I have to disagree with you on running it with Bargin or necro, because that is a stupid idea. You will doubly hurt your life, and never again be able to draw.

13NoVa

the idea is artifacts to recover from it.

or if you're like me, and play in a lot of 4 round swiss style casual tournaments, just piss off EVERYONE by giving them ties. (killing both players with DC)

R

Reverend Love

I agree with Shake'ster. Unlike Pox floating mana is quite difficult -with this card.

-EDIT-

..except for all the insults though.

13NoVa

the fun thing about this card, you can combo it with skelital skrying

Ill use my elves, cradles, lands, and rituals, to create 20 mana, then i will Death cloud for, say, 5, and then i will skelital skrying for say, 8, fill my hand back up, and have floating mana left over to play whatever i draw.

(of course, you fuel the deck with wellwishers)

im working on apprentice to figure out the fastest way to play this effectively....

R

Rooser

This card is really good, but its a tournament card, not a casual card.

In Type 2, this card can work very well in W/B control decks, which are more than viable. W/B is potentially viable in Extended too, and this card would fit the bill.

The X cost makes it so it fits in control decks, not decks-that-are-built-around-it decks, like Pox.

Not that you can't build a deck around this card, it's just that doing so will be invariably "casual." Like Sefro said, this card could see some time in big wacky MP games, but most of us won't want to deal with triple black AND X in the cost.

That said, it will probably be a solid 4-6 dollar rare because of its great tournament playability, but by and large its just not a card for us.

T

train

i think it can also be a casual card...

Oath of ghouls maybe?...

heck - even something like a lich deck...

O

orgg

One thing people are forgetting when comparing this to Pox-- The loss of life that Pox has.

Pox once with Sligh at twenty, and they're at Thirteen. THIRTEEN.

If you've got some Gatekeepers, they just lost their army, too. They had no hand to speak of, though... but their four lands just got gutted to two.

Pox with an X may be another Forced March, but it will not be another Pox. Pox thrives on the deck it has inhabited, and is near useless elsewhere.

Pox was the inspiration for this card, but this card shouldn't be thought of like Pox. It should be thought of as an X Armageddon/WOG/Mindtwist with very little life loss thrown in the balance. "Balance" works well in this situation.

M

Mikeymike

While the effect is very Pox-esque, I agree with Orgg that its effect on the game will be very different to what Pox's was.

Another thing that Pox did that this will never do is come out turn 1 with a Dark Ritual.

Actually, I feel like this is eventually going to find a home in more Wildfire-esque type builds. I.e. creature-light and artifact mana heavy.

Rooser, I agree that this is most definitely a Spike card, but this will be played in casual (much to my chagrin). Even casual guys like to be evil every now and again.