DDR

T

Tabasco

This thread is for discussion on Dance Dance Revoulution.....

Any one here play? and If so what is your fave song?

I love Stomp to My Beat...and Dynamite Rave

Anyone?

C

Chaos Turtle

I don't play it. Looks like fun though. Know where I can get one of the solid pads (I live in an upstairs apartment, so the soft is out of the question) for XBOX cheap?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have friends that play it. I could probably not play it myself if I tried because my ankles are oink!

(yes, I put that oink there myself, since I lost the actual word I was going to use in that sentence, and figured that if other people use oink, I should be able to do it as well) :eek:

N

Nightstalkers

I'm not good at that stuff.... but I do like the songs "Oh nick not so quick" and "Moonlight Shadow"

C

Chaos Turtle

Thanks for the links.

I'll add it to my wish list...

T

Tabasco

Sure No Problem....I got into DDR after watching people play at a party...I got my pads and game off of eBay...

$33.99 for 2 Non-slip soft pads and a DDR MAX game
$21.00 for the S + H though....a 4 lb. package sent thru UPS

dont regret it though I also just got 2 more pads that I am going to tape to a piece of MDF (Medium-Densiy Fiberboard) So it will be kinda like a hard pad...only less expensive.

I had problems taping my pads downwhen u try and remove duct tape from the bottoms of the DDR pads...the material rips...so I put them on MDF boards which will weight them down and keep them from sliding on the carpet. They will also allow me to move them without worrying about retaping them everytime.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if it's the same game, but I've tried an arcade version...

I hear it's good exercise/workout (and was backed up by a study :) )

T

Tabasco

The arcade versions are somewhat the same...probably different songs...

They acctually have a workout mode where you can dance to the song and at the end it tells you how many calories you burned. it also compares it to jogging swimming and jumping rope.