4 Fabricate

4 Cloudpost
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Great Furnace
8 Mountain
4 Island

I

Istanbul

Probably want to play at least one more Reactor. You want to get started charging sooner, rather than later. Also, you need more control...even if you get Coretapper out and keep it alive for a while with tricks and everything, you're going to need 5-10 turns to get enough counters on the Reactor.

T

train

I'm really surprised this has no conduits - dismantles are nice - but conduits just help out...;)

I will say this seems to work nice without the conduits...

:cool:

did you think about conduits?...:)

C

Captain Caveman

The best Reactor deck I've seen is the one posted by Richie
Proffitt over at Starcity. The title of the article is something
like Lench Mob and Reactorsaurus Rex. I thought about putting
it together myself but don't have all the cards. Its type 2 legal
and it looks like a rather competative casual deck. (That's an
opinion.)

T

train

a link to the article may help in case anyone has trouble finding it...

just a friendly note from your non-neighborhood spiderman... I mean ... um... train.
(I normally don't like skimming through star city... but it's a laziness thing... I want to get paid to do nothing... nothing at all... except maybe play Magic...)

:D

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by train
I'm really surprised this has no conduits - dismantles are nice - but conduits just help out...;)

I will say this seems to work nice without the conduits...

:cool:

did you think about conduits?...:)
Yes. They were in the original build, along with serum tanks. However, I found them to be too slow.

M

mythosx

serum tanks are waaay too slow....but conduits? how so? please elaborate.

R

Rooser

Yeah, Conduits are real fun if comboed with things that hose over your opponent. Quicksilver Fountain, Spike Weaver, Wall of Roots.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by mythosx
serum tanks are waaay too slow....but conduits? how so? please elaborate.
...compared to Coretappers and dismantle. The new build has 3 conduit, 2 more Sun Droplet and 2 Voltaic Construct.

2: Untap target artifact creature.

That speeds it up nicely.

Also, if I'm taking damage, I can conduit my Droplets, so I've decided to run them.

R

Rooser

You can also dismantle your droplets in a pinch if that proves more strategic, and by more strategic I mean, you've only got four counters on the reactor and they just hit you for 16,

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by Rooser
You can also dismantle your droplets in a pinch if that proves more strategic, and by more strategic I mean, you've only got four counters on the reactor and they just hit you for 16,
:D That would just be funny.

I

Istanbul

Also a fun thing to do with Myr Prototype. "Oh look, he's too big to attack or block with anymore. *CHOMP*"

T

train

For the dismantle droplet idea, you could even burn yourself for tons of damage...:eek:

T

train

I meant with red damage spells...:rolleyes:

Guess I should have said so...:rolleyes:

I was thinking that since red was already running in the deck burn spells could be used...;)

I

Istanbul

You could also use spells like Flamebreak, that act as board control AND damage you.

M

mythosx

ok this is starting to get weird... is this a darksteel reactor deck or a masochist deck?