D'Angelo to stop maintaining rulings!

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Spiderman, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From Crystalkeep

For those who can't get to it (like train)

2. train The Wildcard!!!...

Mucho Sucko!!!...
  3. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

4. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Looks like I'll have to fall back upon Exterra's rules database he comprised for us...

Now this is some major sucko.

Nightstalker Habuki
  5. Notepad Seffy Sefro

I always thought it was sad this sort of thing was needed.

Why can't they just do a major rules overhaul? Why can't they just print a rulebook that we can hold in our hands? Why can't they make a true rulebook that can come inside starter decks?

What's with this Library of Congress-sized freak rules database?

Always hated it. Always will. Something just feels very blue about it.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Most of it, the monthly rulings, are just clarifications to what the card means or can do. They come up a lot as shown by the questions here in this forum and the replies that quote the rulings. :)
  7. Notepad Seffy Sefro

We wouldn't have so many questions if the rules of the game were a heckuvalot more concise, ya know. Sure, there'd still be a lot, but not like there are currently.

I remember a long time ago, I came up with a question that wouldn't be in the rules anyway:

Can you use cards that have been defaced? The rulings varied per person, but the official-type statement was as long as the name and game text was not covered, then the card could be played. So, my artwork-blacked deck was just fine by those days. ;)
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, 6th WAS a major rules overhaul and however many years later, you still get questions about how cards interact with each other (you get questions about the rules themselves but that's not what we're talking about here). I mean, you could just pick a card at Crystalkeep and if it has notes after the text, that's what I mean. It's stuff that's covered in the rules but apparently needs to be explained further, such as the Sword of Kaldara ruling this month.
  9. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Post of the day!
  10. Rooser Thread Necromancer

Ah, Sefro, eternally hate-filled.....

My question is then, this means that Crystal Keep will never include cards from Darksteel forward?
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yep, unless he hands it over to someone else at his site or someone else picks up at another location...
  12. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'd be willing to pick it up... Need to get a web-site hosted...

Wonder if he'd be up for someone wanting to do that?...
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You could always ask him... :)
  14. train The Wildcard!!!...

You know me - I'm not shy - I'll let you all know what's going on...;)

if anything...:rolleyes: ;)