Custody Battle

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by jcredberry, Mar 28, 2003.

1. jcredberry Gochan Warlord

When a creature is enchanted with two Custody Battle, how many abilities will trigger during the actual creature controller upkeep??? One (because is redundant) or two (because each enchantement give a different one)???

If the answer is two, who is going to finish controlling the creature???

Thanx...

Custody Battle

Color= Red Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 1R ON(U)
    Text (ON): Enchanted creature has "At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent gains control of this creature unless you sacrifice a land."
  2. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

Both trigger. Let's pretend that both Custody Battles are enchanting my creature. At the beginning of my upkeep, they would both trigger. When the first one resolves, I would choose whether to sack a land or not. If I didn't, then my opponent would get control of the creature. The Custody Battle wouldn't trigger for him because we have already moved past the point where any ABOUT (at beginning of upkeep triggers) would have triggered. Then the second ability would resolve and I would choose whether to sack a land or not again. It doesn't matter what I choose in this case because my opponent already controls the creature.

EDIT - Also want to add that it doesn't matter who played the Custody Battles on my creature.

(- Steve -)
  3. EricBess Active Member

Just to add to what Jigglypuff said, if you wanted to keep the creature, you would need to sacrifice two lands, one for each Custody Battle.
  4. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

arent custody battles fun? its great, eh?

Now put down something else.