Crown Of Jewels

K

KaVu_LoRd

here we go

Crown of Jewels 16
Artifact
Crown of Jewels costs 2 less for each basic land type among land types OPPONENT controls.
BBB: Destroy Target Creature
UUU: counter target spell.
XRR: deal X damage to target creature
XWW: gain X life
XGG: put X 1/1 Saprolings into play.
you may play any amount of these abilities in one turn, but at the end of the turn in which you activate an ability on crown of jewels, sacrafice it.

D

DÛke

...one big f**kin' card! :D

The casting cost is an enough of a drawback, trust me. The drawback you added later on is needless.

The abilities are too hard to play, in my opinion, especially the Black and the Blue one. I dunno...I'm not good with such big cards...

I

Istanbul

No, the last line is crucial because of one word:

Tinker.

"I'll Tinker, sacrifice my Sky Diamond, and put Crown of Jewels into play. Would you like to concede now, or shall we go through the motions?"

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The motions being "Oh, crap, how am I gonna find double/triple off-color mana in an artifact deck?"

The only ways you could reasonably kill anyone with this card involve both a huge amount of mana -- much of it of one or another color -- and either the red ability and Repercussion or the green ability and Fervor/waiting a turn.
How could you kill anyone early in the game with this card unless you have so much mana that you'd be able to cast it in the first place?

After all, there's Shatter/Disenchant/whatever it is green uses to destroy artifacts these days...

I agree with DÛke.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree with DUke as well.

I wouldn't play with this card, though. Large casting costs generally are a burden to me. Even with a card like tinker in a deck, I'd have to build the deck around artifacts, which, I might add, isn't something I like doing.

Plus, once the card is out, what's to stop your opponent from disenchanting it the next turn. The counter ability on it would help, but if you are tinker-ing it out, odds are you might not have the mana to counter.

But, of course, you don't have to worry about disenchant because nobody plays it.:D

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

FoundationOfRancor

I suggest:

Crown of Jewels
Artifact
Crown of Jewels costs 1 less for each basic land type among land types all oppenents control.
2B: Destroy target nonblack creature
UU: Counter target spell
XXR: Crown of Jewels deals X damage to all creatures.
XW: Target player gains X life.
2G: Put a green 1/1 saproling token into play.
At the end of any turn in which you activated an ability of Crown Of Jewels, sacrifice it.

- I think the green one could cost 1G....but that'd be really good compared to cards like Chatter of the Squirrel and Acorn Harvest. GG is probablly a good call....but it seems that this card should stay away from too much solid color, or it will be unplayable.

What do you think?

T

TylersOnFire

yeah rancor's seems a whole lot more fair and more playeable (if thats a word) just cause 16 mana seems like a huge amount for a card that can only be played one turn. and even if you have a 5 color deck...its still 6. also the costs to activate are much more fair. i agree with 1G for the token prodcucing ability because this card would most likely be in a multiple color deck to make it more playeable (oops there it is again :D )...