Crossroads

C

chocobo_cid

Crossroads

Artifact Land

1: Crossroads becomes a basic land type of your choice until end of turn and may tap for mana as that land type. The basic land types are Plains, Forest, Island, Mountain, Swamp. This ability may be played more than once per turn, the effects stack.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Seems too broken with those spells that count basic land types (those dinosaurs come to mind, probably others).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't help. I'm talking about spells like

Stratadon
{10}
Artifact Creature
5/5
~this~ costs {1} less to play for each basic land type among lands you control.
Trample

or

Coalition Victory
{3}{W}{U}{B}{R}{G}
Sorcery
You win the game if you control a land of each basic land type and a creature of each color.

Since Crossroads counts as each basic land type, you just need 2 of them to put out the Stratodon for free or 1 to win with Coalition Victory (assuming you have a creature of each color too, which probably shouldn't be too hard).

I

Istanbul

Actually, you can never put out the Stratadon for free. There are only 5 basic land types.

But yeah, this would be the ultimate domain card. Turn 2 Tribal Flames for 5, Turn 2 Worldly Counsel for 5, Strength of Unity always gives +5/+5, etc. Bah-roken.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, sorry about the Stratodon. It just came to mind as an example of a card that would be immensely helped by chocobo_cid's card.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Spiderman
Since Crossroads counts as each basic land type, you just need 2 of them to put out the Stratodon for free or 1 to win with Coalition Victory (assuming you have a creature of each color too, which probably shouldn't be too hard).
That was the idea. :D

I like the idea of "basic land type" as a mechanic, what can I say?

NOTE: Again revised.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's okay now, although I'm not sure if the activation cost should be 2 instead of 1. I mean, it's a pretty good "Brass City" so I don't know if it's too cheap or not. It's too close to call for me :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how now since it's been revised... it can only be one basic land type at a time, the effects don't accumulate (at least how I'm reading it).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, I missed the edit and posted on this way after I wanted to...

I retract that then...

Not nearly as good now...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Now I'm not so sure it's okay, with artifact mana (especially Mana Vault). Probably would have to play-test.

C

chocobo_cid

That helper text is pretty clunky. How should it be rewritten?

C

chocobo_cid

I know how you feel about the "dummy text," but apparently it was needed by Spiderman:

"The effects don't accumulate (at least how I'm reading it.)"

Apparently that text was needed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that part was unclear. The rest can probably go though - What the basic land types are and that it can be played more than once per turn.