Creature types (This may sound stupid...)

D

Dune Echo

I really think we need to get on WotC to update the creature types on older cards. Now that some cards can have multiple creature types, some older cards (in Legends mainly among others) should have additional types that are obvious. For example, Jedit Ojanen says in the text he's a Cat Warrior, but so far, he's simply a Legend (remember the days when a Legend wasn't just simply a creature type?). This should apply to only obvious ones. Also, has anyone noticed that Gnomes are now creature types on artifact creature cards as well as Golems? What else is possible now? Clockwork? And Baron Sengir should now count as a freakin' Vampire (as well as the whole Sengir family). Multani should also count as a Maro and he doesn't. Why is that?

T

Tobold

Well, I think the rules team is working on the creature types. At the moment there are still some strange things. I've seen comments on the Netrep replies that an Ambush Party is now both of creature type "Ambush" and of creature type "Party" due to the rule that several words now count as one creature type each. Funny, but doesn't have consequences.

But I still hope they get some order in their creature types. I would like all Apes and Gorillas to be Apes, all Birds and Falcons to be Birds and so on. This makes creature type a really strategic consideration for cards like Engineered Plague or Coat of Arms or Urza's Incubator.

Z

Zadok001

There's a Dark card called People of the Woods. It's a Summon People of the Woods.

Now, it's also a People, an of, a the, and a Woods. How appropriate.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Please, no more errata. 666e was supposed to make all of this easier to understand, and play with. You shouldn't need a book to look up the current wordings on all the current cards, much less all the older cards too! This game is getting harder to understand and play, not easier.

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor