Creator of Commodore 64 Dies

B

boogiepop

Can't read the article on this computer but, well... that's a shame to hear. I started using (playing with, actually) the C64 at such a young age that I could type on it before learning to write my own name. When my school district started phasing them out in favor of the (then) newer Apples, it broke my heart. Those dang newfangled contraptions had no bloody soul.

I wish it was easier to keep those disk drives alive, because I still have hundreds of floppies lying around.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He was also the father of the PET and Vic-20 computers :)

Man, I remember getting those one-sided 5 1/4 floppies and punching a hole in the side to make it two-sided because buying the two-sided ones were too expensive :)

B

boogiepop

I'm not very knowledgeable about the history of any of them. I guess I've got some business on wikipedia.

And wow, I had completely forgotten about that indent on the sides. I suddenly want to play Bubble Ghost or Beach Head or something.

R

rokapoke

I still remember going to K-Mart one day with my parents to buy floppy disks (though in this instance they were 3.5" disks, not the 5.25") and not remembering if double density or high density was greater. Naturally, we asked the employee in the section, who misinformed us, leading us to buy a box of double density disks. Stupid K-Mart!

R

rokapoke

Well, they still don't know better. My parents + computers = constant calls to me or my brother for tech support.