Crazed Goblin...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I saw Crazed Goblin for the first time yesterday. And now I have a question. Why?

Why? Why? Why? :(

E

Ephraim

WotC felt that it was necessary to prove to us that they could, in fact, still print bad Goblins. After Sparksmith, Piledriver, and Warchief, some of us were beginning to wonder.

N

Nightstalkers

I'm starting to get the impression that WotC's little R&D team is comprised of a few different groups...

Those who think they can make an old thing better, think they can make something new that is really good, and those who just like to carbon copy older cards.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, but I was under the impression that just about everyone considered Mon's Goblin Raiders too bad. Making an inferior version is just...

N

Nightstalkers

As a filler card for any goblin deck, Mons is pretty good...

Crazed Goblin doesn't even qualify for that.

E

Ephraim

Mons's Goblin Raiders isn't even good as filler. I counted around twenty other Goblins with casting costs of one red mana, all of which had some ability. Not all of them were very good abilities, but none of them were always harmful and all of them could be harnessed to make them useful.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I would probably not even use Raging Goblin, and that one's definitely better than Mon's, which is strictly better than this piece of crap...

T

train

they sell you cardboard for toilet paper... and the crap is already on it...

:p