CPA Voting Issues: Classic Creatures

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be posting this as a Voting Topic in a few weeks, so I thought I'd start a thread here to discuss it. This should actually be a two-parter, but depending on the responses we'll see if that's even neccessary. The topic is Classic Creatures, and what we're looking for here is A) Should WotC reprint classic creature cards like Serra Angel and Sengir Vampire, et al, and B) If so, which classic creature would you most like to see reprinted (pick 1).

Let's talk about it! :D

H

Hellion

I (and many other players) want to see,

Sengir Vampire
Serra Angel
Black Knight
White Knight
Order of White Shield
Knight of Stromgald
Shivan Dragon
Mogg Fanatic

These are off the top of my head...there should be more. Note that these creatures have no "Block" abilities like flanking, echo ect....

A

Apollo

Of course I think they should reprint some classic creatures. But man, making us vote for one! I can't do it. But here's a short list of what I think should be reprinted:

Shivan Dragon
Sengir Vampire
Serra Angel
Mahamoti Djinn
Wall of Roots

I'd also love to see Clone, but only if they could find a version that wouldn't need twenty pages of rulings and errata.

G

Gizmo

Mogg Fanatic
Viashino Sandstalker
Carnophage
Wall Of Blossoms
Bottle Gnomes
Paladin En-Vec
Man O War

D

Duel

Even if it sucks! It's classic!

On the other end of the scale, there are cards like
Hell's Caretaker
Veteran Bodyguard
Black and white knight (Badly need reprinting!)

And, with fame and fortune going for them
Ball Lightning
Serra Angel
Sengir vampire
(shivan is okay, not my favorite)
Royal assassin

V

Volradon

I am going to have to go with some of the older creature types being prented more often. The reson WotC wont reprint them is because of the collectors, but they should really think about the profit that they will get wen people start buying sets to get those cards.
Peace,
Volradon

M

Mikeymike

All of Gizmo's choices kick butt
White + Black knights

A) Sengir Vampire I feel deserves a reprint. I personally think we've seen enough variations on the Serra Angel (Herald, Radiant, foil reprint, that other set about 1.5 years ago)

B) The number 1 creature I'd like to see again, I would say Wall of Blossoms but I think its coming back in 7th so I'll say Guardian Beast (Ye-haw!)

D

Dune Echo

That's a toughy. I always liked Serra Angel and no other card has ever come close to being as good.

Gizmo: Finally, someone else that realizes the strength of Viashino Sandstalker!

G

galtwish

1) Absolutely. The creatures in 6th have by and large sucked for every color but Green. Every creature deck is based off a block creature deck, more or less. 5th Ed. had lots of good creatures, and made rush decks other than Stompy viable.

2) Icy Manipulator. Absolutley awesome (especially if they use the old art. Mmmmm, foil Promo Icy...). Ring of Gix is good, but Echo kills it, and Amber Prison is pretty darn bad.

Erik

S

smurfturd

even tho they will never reprint it, JUZAM DJINN!
Also Two headed giant of foriys & Vesuvan Doppelganger.

M

Mr_Pestilence

How about Dragon Whelp, Royal Assassin, Cemetary Gate (my Pestilence decks really miss this thing), Wall of Souls (ditto), Scragnoth, Spirit of the Night (and all of the various parts to summon it), Erg Raiders, Abyssal Gatekeeper, Thundermare, Juggernaut, Anarchy (OK, it's not a creature, I just miss it), and Vesuvan Doppleganger (I actually enjoyed the arguments this thng caused!).

D

Duel

Wall of blossoms is coming back? Hell yeah!

How about Wall of roots as well?

Dragon whelp should be reprinted, it;'s not at all broken

I think morphling, one of the new classics, should be reprinted. It's the best thing to happen for blue in a while.

C

Cateran Overlord

...unless you print something for each color to use against it.

Seriously though:

5 original pieces of fat...
Serra Angel
Shivan Dragon
Sengir Vampire
Force of Nature
Mahamoti Djinn

5 weenie classics...
Mogg Fanatic
Ghazban Ogre
Carnophage
Savannah Lions
Tidal Warrior

We should do a thread for spells too!

D

DÛke

I NEED, notice how I said, NEED not WANT, I NEED
Avenging Angel, Worrior Angel, and Portcullis back.
I must get them.