CPA + MTGNews

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, well, well. It seems that we now have quite a few members on the CPA that are "prominent" MTGNews members, like, BlackLotusOfDeath, Dementia, Volrath's Bane, menolikeygurus, etc.

For those of you that go to MTGNews and just recently came here, what do you think of this site in comparison to the other.

For those of you that go to this site and have recently visited the other, what do you think of that site in comparison to this.

For those of you that go to this site and haven't been to the other site, stand upside-down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish , and then go to that site to check it out.

For those of you that wish to see me executed, send $50 to the following address:

Mary's Flower House for the Illiterate
3010 Maple Leaf Drive
Baghdad, New Brunswick, USSR 30495

I'll just repeat that for those who didn't catch it before

Son of Germany's Sno Cone Parlor
15303 Johnson's Knoble Court
East Hampton, Japan 20938

Thank you

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

Maybe it's a cycle thing,look how many of us came here about last aug.or sept from mtgnews.For me it was the people here that swung it for me.
By the way the tip around your mubble is showing.;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I've got a tip around the mubble? I don't believe I do, not since I last visited nodnarb's site.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

you know that's the best game I've stunk so bad at,WWYT being a close second.

Z

Zadok001

MtGNews is a good site. Unfortunately, it's overloaded with people who don't really pay attention to their spelling, punctuation, etc... While the CPA is far from perfect, most of our people pay attention. And there's a period in every post! :) That counts for something.

MtGNews is the place to go for sheer numeric advantages. You want rumors? MtGNews. Mass deck help? MtGNews (kill Random-Miser). But if you just want a few cool posters who like the game, the CPA wins hands-down.

L

LlanowarGoblin

Well I am one of those "prominent" posters from mtgnews that has recently come here. To compare the sites doesn't really work but I'll try.

Here you have what seems to be a group of people who just love the game and like talking to others that love it. Seems if you check in here once every few days you won't miss much since there are not as many people.

There you have some people who love it, some who like it and some who just don't care. If you don't check in there you may miss a big flame war or crazy spammer but you can alway check your decks or trades you posted and not miss much.

I can't really say I like either one over the other as they are different environments. I could see myself spending more time here if there were more messages to respond to.

I

Istanbul

*used to frequent MTGnews before he came here*

This place is better.
And it doesn't lock up Netscape.

Z

Zadok001

If you use the Source of All Evil (aka IE), neither one locks up. :) It's part of the contract signed in blood.

I

Istanbul

It's not so much that I'm saying that the CPA is better than MTGnews...

...it's just that the CPA is better than MTGnews. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you that go to this site and haven't been to the other site, stand upside-down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish , and then go to that site to check it out.
I can't find a bucket... :D

And there's a period in every post
except when there's magicman_moe... :D

Anyhow, this site pretty much takes my energy so I stay here. However, overall I think the Magic talk has declined in general over the years; perhaps it's because a lot of people here don't play Magic regularly as exposed in YJ's post or another? I really don't see a huge influx of MTGNews people; the first batch went to the Battle Board and even that has calmed down for a while.

E

EricBess

I frequented MTGNews a long time ago - It was a lot of fun back then, but then they got into a real control problem! How fun is it to try to keep up with everything when every other post is drivel?

At least around here there is a specific place to go if you just want to post meaningless nonsense - and those of us with limited time can just keep up with the forums that we want to without having to waste hours sorting everything out!

Okay, so it seems a but run-on at points, but not a single period! :p

[You have angered the Admin Gods, who have felt it worthy that a period be added to your post. :) --Zadok001]

M

Mr_Pestilence

For a while, MTGnews was my favorite site. Then Yellowjacket invited me here, and I hardly go to MTGnews anymore. The problem seems to be that DG just doesn't care anymore.

There are almost never any relevant updates, the boards are totally overgrown with spam, flames and mindless drivel, and the one thing I do like there, the ultimate spoiler, hasn;t been updated to include Apocolypse.

Plus, there is always an annoying pop-up banner of some sort. Get a clue, DG, I'm not buying anything from a pop-up ad!

Oh, well. Whatever. Never mind.

T

theorgg

The popup announces tournaments, like the Pre-Relese and certain other big, open tournaments, like Regenals...

@

@rch Devil

I used to post on MTGnews, but I believe that CPA is better. Here's a list of all the reasons:

1. MTGnews caught spammers like the plague.
2. More and more "interesting" members of MTGnews left or aren't posting anymore and are being replaced by quite possibly some of the most boring people in the world.:D
3. DG has sort of abandoned the site and hasen't been working on it too much. The only changes so far seem to be for the bad (smaller signatures, Global Mods, etc.)
4. CPA has that cool thing that allows you to change everything in your posts without typing in all of the fricken tags!
5. Instead of avatars, CPA uses ASCII pictures which don't clog up all of the bandwith.
6. More people like Krispy Kreme donuts here than MTGnews....
7. All of the above.

G

Gobo

I spend more time on mtgnews and I'm suspended, I think that says it all.

G

Gerode

I would like to give MTGNews a far trial, except it won't let me post there... (See my posts in the Support and Feedback). But I've been gone for 10 days, so it might be fixed. Anyway...

I think this site has more a community feel. If I'm not around people I know, I'm extremely quiet. I don't say too much unless I have something to say. And I find MTGNews a little overwhelming, and hard to find my niche. Whereas here, I know a lot of the people, and am more comfortable posting whatever comes to my mind. Which usually isn't very much :)

Z

Zadok001

Yah, I will say the smaller community adds a LOT around here. :)

I

Istanbul

I agree wholeheartedly. It's the whole 'small town vs. big city' argument. We may not have as many posters as MTGnews...but I feel comfortable trading with, talking to, and posting my thoughts towards anyone here. (Okay, almost anyone.)