1 Archivist
1 Telepathy
2 Mana Leak

[Edited by Multani on May 13th, 2000 at 04:56 PM]

[Edited by Multani on May 14th, 2000 at 02:49 PM]

[Edited by Multani on May 14th, 2000 at 02:50 PM]

[Edited by Multani on May 14th, 2000 at 02:52 PM]

Killer Joe

I am assuming the goal is to get a few evasion creatures out and hit your opponent hard and close to single digits to polish them off with a burn spell or two, right?
Any double color casting cost creature spell here might hurt i.e. Phantom Warrior 1UU and I believe Metathran Elite is 1UU and is only unblockable when enchanted. Though these are good choices and you don't seem to be commited to Type II or Extended tourney play, then perhaps the blue shadow creatures could do the trick. Thalakos Scouts and I think there are a couple of others to chose from. Or, how about some cheap flyers like Cloud of Faeries or Cloud Sprite or maybe Cloudskate (yeah, he's got Fading 3, but he's quick and CHEAP!).
I would add Seal of Fire (Seal of Shock really) for cheap damage and it's a great "One-Drop" and forget about it until you need spot removal or that last 2 points for the win, and Flame Rift (yeah, everybody takes 4 damage but if you're putting the pain to your opponent quickly, the 4 damage will hurt them waaaaay more than it'll hurt you.) would be a good choice.
You can Always add Nevy's Disk and do that Rescue/Disk trick or put in Powder Keg.
Personally, I love "Fire and Ice", "Cool and Hot", "Counter-Burn", "Red, Hot and Blue", whatever the current lingo is, I am still in pursuit of making a Type II "Counter-Hammer" Deck.
I hope something (anything really) I said was of help. Later and good luck!

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Yellowjacket, your assumption was correct.
I used to use shadow in this deck but the problem was
that shadow can't block non-shadow.
The Faeries are cheap but they have too low a power and green really hates flying and has plenty of antiflying cards.
BTW, what is Seal of Fire and Flame Rift?

A

Apollo

Seal of Fire costs one red mana and is an enchantment that you can sac at any time to deal 2 damage to target creature or player.

Flame Rift costs one red and one colorless mana and deals 4 damage to each player.

Both are from Nemesis, and both are commons.

I personally would take out the Sonic Bursts and add in either Seal of Fire for creature control or Fireblast if you are trying to kill them as quickly as possible. I would use on of the cheap flyers suggested by Yellowjacket, or maybe some Unstable Mutations in place of Blood Lusts and Giant Strengths.

Apollo

I

Istanbul

Destructive Urge makes for a savage beating in this deck. Consider it.