cookies! (1)

Discussion in 'Testing Forum' started by Ed Sullivan, Sep 18, 1999.

1. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

Well, when this board was first put up, I remember Ferret complaining about having to type his name/pass in each time. And, after much delay, he doesn't have to anymore. So I implemented cookies.. a little bit more about cookies if you don't know what they are.

Cookies are little files on your computer that save configurations. In Netscape, go in to your "User" directory, and look for cookies.txt. All your cookies are in there. In MSIE, look in "Windows/Cookies". All of them are in separate files.

Well, this is how these cookies work: They only save your UserName/Password, so none of those red folders yet. The 1st time you go to post, your UserName will be 'null' and your pass '****' (that is really null). This is because it calls for a cookie that doesn't exist. Just replace those with your real name/pass and click in a different box. Then, if all went right, you should be able to reload and your name/pass should already be in the boxes.
    <font color="red">]Note: You must have JavaScript enabled to post now. That is the only way I can make cookies work. Sorry!</font>

So...

<font color="red">*** Cookies Are Now Partially Implemented ***</font>
    All they do is save name/pass so far. I might add more, I'm not sure. Enjoy!

-mike
  2. Firestorm Veteran CPA Member

Hooray for cookies!
  3. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

So what happens if you changed your password? Would it alter the original cookie or delete it and make a new one?

I like double fudge cookies best:D
  4. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

Look at the date of my post - I don't know why this idiot brought it up, it's not even valid anymore.
  5. Firestorm Veteran CPA Member

I'm sorry