Conspiracy deck-needs help!

T

The Magic Jackal

I've been thinking that a conspiracy deck would be a cool deck to play, but not neccessarly a good one. I orginally made it classic, MM, and Nemesis, but it didn't turn out so good- check it out.

Conspiracy
v.1
Creatures-20
4 elvish poacher
4 harvest mage
4 tidal kracken
4 delrich
4 Birds of paradise

Enchantments/artifacts-8
3 conspiracy
2 overlaid terrain
3 belbe's portal

spells-12
4 v tutors
4 dark ritual
4 enlightened tutor

land- 24
4 hickory woodlot
4 peat bog
4 remote farmm
8 forest
4 swamp

This was the orginal version. Understand, this was quickly scrapped togther while in study hall. I've recently been thinking it could be used in type 2, and here's the version now.

Conspiracy
v.2

Creatures-20
4 Academy Rectors
4 Elvish poachers
4 Birds of paradise
4 delrich
4 tidal kraken

Enchantments/artifacts-10
3 conspiracy
3 belbe's portal
2 overlaid terrain

Spells-10
3 vampiric tutors
4 elightened tutors
3 dark ritual

land-20
3 city of brass
3 thran quarry
3 phyrexian tower
5 forest
4 plains
2 swamp

The main problem I have is that it is 3 colors. I also think i am missing some good cards to put in, and there are probably better kill cards. Any comments/questions/suggestions would be appreciated, LMK what you think

D

Duel

If you plan on using overlaid terrain, Planar rebirth mihgt not be out of order. If you don't care about price (hey, it can happen!) then get undiscovered paradise, because alot of the starting spells in there are one mana. My biggest on-sight problem was the lack of a kill-card(s). Rhox or thorny make nice additions.
You have 11 cards that search through your deck, and 8 of them bring back only enchantements. Meanwhile, you only have a total of 5 enchantments, that seems a little screwy to me. I't seems like you can get a lot of mana in this deck. Throw in some undiscovered paradises, some reflecting pools (if you don't mind going broke) and splash in blue for accumulated knowledge and soothsaying.

T

The Magic Jackal

The reason i have 8 spells that search for enchantments is because if i don't get out conspiracy, I'm screwed. Once i get that out, I can get out creatures, with the poacher, portal and the v tutor. But i must get out the conspiracy.

I've been having same problem with the deck, I really want to put in all five colors. I could do it, and i've gotten it to work pretty efficiently, but it's WAY too slow for the current enviroment. I guess i'll put this on the backburner untill urza block rotates out. Sigh....

O

Ophidian

I was thinking about using conspiracies with zombies.

3x conspiricy (sp)
2x zombie master
3x delraich
4x royal assassin
2x hell's caretaker
3x demonic tutor
3x evil presence
4x dark ritual
4x hypnotic specter
3x nether shadow

2x lake of the dead
13-15 swamps

I didn't build this deck because I didn't think it would be fast enough to win any games, but the ability to regenerate any creature you have on the table for one black is nice. If anybody can think of a way to make this deck faster, let me know

G

Gryphonclaw

How about a varient? Say just green/black featuring massive numbers of tokens, (hermit/autocrat), caller of the hunt, (that */* where * is # creatures of 1 type) and some fast mana?

This would benefit from the tutors (worldly+vampiric), fast mana, general destruction, fatties. What do you think?

Tentative decklist:

Creatures: 23
3 Caller of the hunt
2 Deranged hermit
2 Beast of burden
2 Sengir Autocrat
3 Delraich
4 Llanowar elves
3 Priestess of Titania
4 Birds of Paradise

Spells: 17
4 Worldly tutors
3 Vampiric tutors
3 Conspiracy
3 Pattern of Rebirth
2 Grim Monolith (Is that allowed?)
2 Collective Unconscious

Land
3 Gaea cradle
9 Forest
1 Sickory woodlot
6 Swamps
1 Peat bog

Now this was made just off the top of my head so it's pretty crude.