computer games

S

sentinel

I'm bored and I just feel like asking something, so I'll ask:

What computer games are y'all currently playing?

I, myself am curently playing MTV sports Skateboarding, after beating it in 2 days.

D

DÛke

Does it have to be computer games?
I don't play computer games, but when I'm desperate, I would play something like, say Unreal.
I love Unreal. I also have played Heros of Might and Magic.

My brother has a Dreamcast, and sometimes I play Soul Caliber or Dead or Alive 2. I've played Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Marvel Versus Capcaom 2. My brother is planning to buy Shenmue and Jet Grind Radio soon.

Speaking of Shenmue, hey Nodnarb, did you buy it? I heard it was the "best game" by many people. PM me what you think if you've bought it.

N

nodnarb24

I'm currently playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on my coputer and it is awsome!!!

Duke: It doesn't come out till the 7th.

D

DÛke

Nod, Is that Shenmue or Jet Grind Radio?
I was referring to Shenmue, but since it's not out yet, did you Jet Grind Radio?

N

nodnarb24

I was talking about shenmue.

I haven't gotten Jet Grind Radio yet but I will get after I get Shenmue. I only have enough money for one game.:(

C

Cateran Emperor

Diablo 2, Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and for whatever reason Final Fantasy 2 US for the 78th time (not kidding) :cool:

By the way, this would go to the General gaming forum.

Z

Zadok001

My obsession with tactical and strategic games shows through... Among the top of my list are:

Total Annihilation
Diablo 2
Myth/Myth 2
Age of Empires 2 (why, oh why, can't they fix the friggin' AI!!!)
Heroes of Might And Magic 1/2/3/Expansions (the best strategic series of all time)
Warcraft 2

Note the distinct lack of Starcraft. It's a great game, yes, but MAN does it get dull fast. Not enough units to keep me playing very long at all, no matter how well balanced it is. TA gives you 200 some odd units, all with noticeable differences that have to be accounted for in each skimish, leading to thousands of different buildup and defensive tactics, as well as formations on offense. Can't beat that!

G

Gerode

I haven't played many computer games lately. I like Civilization II and CtP, WarCraft II and StarCraft, and SimCity 3000, though I haven't played it for ages. I don't like RPG games like Zelda and Baldur's Gate; I get frustrated somewhere, stop playing, and never play again. I like games that are different every time you play them. I play an internet game called Utopia a lot (games.swirve.com/utopia). Sometimes it gets kind of boring, though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
CE, this should go in the Gaming forum.

Having said that, currently I'm playing Baldur's Gate and Majesty.

N

Namielus

Diablo ii
Quake 3
Soldier of Fortune
and a notable
Mysteries of the Sith
(Force Push is demi-godic)

But no one wants to play MotS :(

And yea I think I'm back, I think.

And lastly

What did I miss?

R

Rhammidarigaaz

My favorite games:

Quake 2
Unreal Tournament
Command & Conquer (Orig, RA, TS)
TA: Kingdoms
SimCity 3000 Unlimited

C

Copious Wrath

Currently playing Starcraft, Warcraft II(yeah, I'm a 'Crafter. How could ya tell?), and Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel. Can't get enough o' dat Metal Gear goodness, especially when it's emulated.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And, on topic, I'm still grooving on WarCraft II myself. The Dark Portal expansion is a lot tougher than the basic game, and I'm in the process of trying to learn the BNE maps between scenarios so I'm not completely lost when I finally venture onto Battle.net.

B

Baskil

I can't seem to get enough Alpha Centauri. That game is awesome.

M

Major Crime

Bulder's Gate II, I'm on my first go through still. I'm down with the Drow at the moment.
Slowly doing CivIII Golden collection. Cannot play it for more than a two or three days at a time.

C

Copious Wrath

That's putting it lightly, Baskil. To a die-hard Civver like me, Alpha Centauri is like a caffeine iv -- addictive and it gives you that feeling of godly power. And we all know what godly power does...