Commander 2016: Spidey (Open Hostility) vs Mooseman (Stalwart Unity)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Heads! Good luck!
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

STALWART UNITY
    Tails it is
    [IMG]
    Draw 7 Keep
    Frontier Bivouac
    Done

Spidey: 40
    Dmg from Commander: 0/21
    Hand: 7
    Library: 92
    Commander Zone:
    Battlefield:
    Battlefield:

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    ============================================================================
    Mooseman: 40
    Hand: 6
    Commander Zone: RGWU Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (Human Soldier, 2/8, At the beginning of your end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card.)
    Battlefield:

(T) Frontier Bivouac (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G}, {U}, or {R} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Draw 7, keep.

Draw

Karplusan Forest

Done

Library: 91
    Commander Zone: BRGW Saskia the Unyielding (Saskia the Unyielding, 3/4. Vigilance, haste. As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a player. Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.)
    Battlefield:

(U) Karplusan Forest (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Commander Zone: RGWU Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (Human Soldier, 2/8, At the beginning of your end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card.)
    Battlefield:

(T) Frontier Bivouac (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G}, {U}, or {R} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD

Island

Done

Commander Zone: BRGW Saskia the Unyielding (Saskia the Unyielding, 3/4. Vigilance, haste. As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a player. Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.)
    Battlefield:

(U) Karplusan Forest (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
    Battlefield:

(U) Island
    (U) Frontier Bivouac (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G}, {U}, or {R} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

EOT, Basic landcycle Ash Barrens for a Swamp

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp
    Rampant Growth for a Plains

Done

Spidey: 39
    Library: 88
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains
    (T) Karplusan Forest (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Rampant Growth
    Exile:
    Battlefield:

(U) Island
    (U) Frontier Bivouac (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G}, {U}, or {R} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mystic Monastery

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains
    (T) Karplusan Forest (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

Exile:
    Library: 90
    Battlefield:

(U) Island
    (T) Mystic Monastery (ETB tapped.{T}: Add {U}, {R}, or {W} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

We're just putting out the mana :rolleyes:

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Tymna the Weaver

Done

Library: 87
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains

(S) Tymna the Weaver (2/2; Lifelink; At the beginning of my postcombat main phase, I may pay X life, where X is the # of opponents dealt combat damage this turn. If I do, draw X cards.; Partner (I can have two commanders if both have partner))

Exile:
    Library: 90
    Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Mana, from heaven, mana,,,,,,,,,
    Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Plains
    Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis
    Draw a card
    Gruul Turf Put the Plains Back in my hand
    You either put a land into the battlefield or draw a card
    Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains

(S) Tymna the Weaver (2/2; Lifelink; At the beginning of my postcombat main phase, I may pay X life, where X is the # of opponents dealt combat damage this turn. If I do, draw X cards.; Partner (I can have two commanders if both have partner))

Exile:
    Commander Zone: RGWU
    Battlefield:

(T) Island
    (T) Gruul Turf (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool.)

(S) Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (Human Soldier, 2/8, At the beginning of your end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I never found a good time to play that guy when I played the deck. Now I get to see him in action :)

I'll draw a card.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Crackling Doom
    Attack with the Weaver for 2 and I gain 2
    Postcombat main: Pay 1 life to use the Weaver's ability and draw a card

Done - discard Divergent Transformations

Or maybe not... :rolleyes:

Library: 84
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains

(T) Tymna the Weaver (2/2; Lifelink; At the beginning of my postcombat main phase, I may pay X life, where X is the # of opponents dealt combat damage this turn. If I do, draw X cards.; Partner (I can have two commanders if both have partner))

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Rampant Growth, Crackling Doom, Divergent Transformations
    Exile:
    Mooseman: 36
    Commander Zone (cast one time already): RGWU Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (Human Soldier, 2/8, At the beginning of your end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card.)
    Battlefield:

(T) Island
    (T) Gruul Turf (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Nice card......

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
    Prismatic Geoscope
    Done

Library: 84
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains

(T) Tymna the Weaver (2/2; Lifelink; At the beginning of my postcombat main phase, I may pay X life, where X is the # of opponents dealt combat damage this turn. If I do, draw X cards.; Partner (I can have two commanders if both have partner))

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Rampant Growth, Crackling Doom, Divergent Transformations
    Exile:
    Mooseman: 36
    Commander Zone (cast one time already): RGWU Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (Human Soldier, 2/8, At the beginning of your end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card.)
    Battlefield:

(T) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Prismatic Geoscope (ETB tapped.Domain — {T}: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack for 2 and gain 2
    Morph creature

Done
    Spidey: 41
    Library: 83
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains

(S) Morph creature (2/2)

Exile:
    Mooseman: 34
    Battlefield:

(T) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Prismatic Geoscope (ETB tapped.Domain — {T}: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  12. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Forest
    Hoofprints of the Stag
    Done
    Spidey: 41
    Library: 83
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains

(S) Morph creature (2/2)

Exile:
    Hand: 5
    Library: 86
    Battlefield:

(T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (T) Forest
    (U) Mystic Monastery (ETB tapped.{T}: Add {U}, {R}, or {W} to your mana pool.)
    (U) Gruul Turf (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool.)
    (U) Prismatic Geoscope (ETB tapped.Domain — {T}: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.)

Hoofprints of the Stag (Tribal, E, Whenever you draw a card, you may put a hoofprint counter on Hoofprints of the Stag.
    2W, Remove four hoofprint counters from Hoofprints of the Stag: Put a 4/4 white Elemental creature token with flying into play. Play this ability only during your turn.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
    Saskia the Unyielding
    Responses?

Library: 82
    Commander Zone: BRGW
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains
    (T) Forest

(U) Tymna the Weaver (2/2; Lifelink; At the beginning of my postcombat main phase, I may pay X life, where X is the # of opponents dealt combat damage this turn. If I do, draw X cards.; Partner (I can have two commanders if both have partner))
    (U) Morph creature (2/2)
    (S) Saskia the Unyielding (Saskia the Unyielding, 3/4. Vigilance, haste. As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a player. Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.)

Exile:
    Battlefield:

(T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (T) Forest
    (U) Gruul Turf (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool.)
    (U) Prismatic Geoscope (ETB tapped.Domain — {T}: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.)

Hoofprints of the Stag (Tribal, E, Whenever you draw a card, you may put a hoofprint counter on Hoofprints of the Stag.
    2W, Remove four hoofprint counters from Hoofprints of the Stag: Put a 4/4 white Elemental creature token with flying into play. Play this ability only during your turn.)

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  14. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

No response
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I choose you, of course :p

Attack with all
    Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains
    (T) Forest

(T,A) Tymna the Weaver (2/2; Lifelink; At the beginning of my postcombat main phase, I may pay X life, where X is the # of opponents dealt combat damage this turn. If I do, draw X cards.; Partner (I can have two commanders if both have partner))
    (T,A) Morph creature (2/2)
    (U,A) Saskia the Unyielding (Saskia the Unyielding, 3/4. Vigilance, haste. As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a player. Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.) *Player - Mooseman*

Exile:
    Battlefield:

(T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (T) Forest

Graveyard:
    Exile:
  16. Oversoul The Tentacled One

"Pikachu, return. Saskia, I choose you!" :p
  17. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

No response or block.
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

19. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You take 14 (but only 3 from the commander) and I gain 4 from Tymna

Done

Spidey: 44
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T) Plains
    (T) Forest

(T) Morph creature (2/2)
    (U) Saskia the Unyielding (Saskia the Unyielding, 3/4. Vigilance, haste. As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a player. Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.) *Player - Mooseman*

Exile:
    Mooseman: 20
    Dmg from Commander: 3/21
    Battlefield:

(T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (T) Forest

Graveyard:
    Exile: