Commander 2015: Spidey (Swell the Host) vs Mooseman (Call the Spirits)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm Playing Call the Spirits
I hope it's spirit deck

Draw 7, Mulligan
keep
Swamp
Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 92
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 5
Library: 93
Commander Zone: 1BW Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.")

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I take a mulligan too :) According to the new mulligan rule, we get to Scry 1 after we mulligan. Does that affect your starting turn?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I leave mine also.

So after mulliganing down to 6, I draw.

Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

Done

Hand: 6
Commander Zone: 2GU Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 3/3, Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.)
Battlefield:

(T) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 93
Commander Zone: 1BW Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.")

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Plains
Done

Commander Zone: 2GU Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 3/3, Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.)
Battlefield:

(T) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)

Graveyard:
Exile:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Reliquary Tower
Sol Ring

Done
Library: 91
Battlefield:

(U) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)
(T) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

New Benalia
Put it on the bottom of my library
Done

Battlefield:

(U) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)
(T) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) New Benalia (ETB tapped. When ETB, scry 1. T: Add W to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Chameleon Colossus

Done

Hand: 4
Library: 90
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(U) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(S) Chameleon Colossus (4/4; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)

Graveyard:
Exile:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Holy Lizard Bateman
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Mesa Enchantress

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(S) Chameleon Colossus (4/4; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)

Graveyard:
Exile:

(T) Plains
(T) Swamp

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Beastmaster Ascension
Attack, triggering the Ascension
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 89
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *1 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (4/4; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)

Graveyard:
Exile:

(T) Plains
(T) Swamp

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 4

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *1 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (4/4; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 36

(T) Plains
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Shielded by Faith
on The Mesa
Draw a card
Swamp
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 88

(T) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

Shielded by Faith (, EC, Enchanted creature has indestructible. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Shielded by Faith to that creature.)

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.) ~Shield~

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Permanent blocker, huh?

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Attack, triggering the Ascension
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *2 quest ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(T) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

Shielded by Faith (, EC, Enchanted creature has indestructible. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Shielded by Faith to that creature.)

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.) ~Shield~

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Daxos the Returned
Done

Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *2 quest ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 87
Commander Zone: 1BW

(T) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

(S) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.

Graveyard:
Exile: