Commander 2013: Spidey (Eternal Bargain) vs Mooseman (Evasive Maneuvers)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, finally ready.

Draw 7, keep

Untap, upkeep - gain 2 life

Skipjack Pasture, Done

Spidey: 42
Damage dealt from commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 92
Command Zone: 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (4/5; At the beginning of my upkeep, I gain 2 life.; Whenever I gain life, I may pay 1. If I do, draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life.; At the beginning of my upkeep, if ~ is in the command zone, I gain 2 life.)
Battlefield:

(U) Skipjack Pasture (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Put a 0/1 white Goat creature token onto the battlefield.; T, Sac X Goats: Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool. I gain X life.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
=======================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 7
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh... I like that one when I played it.... not so much when I'm against it

Draw 7, keep

Untap, upkeep
Plains
Sol Ring
Simic Signet
Done

Command Zone: 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (4/5; At the beginning of my upkeep, I gain 2 life.; Whenever I gain life, I may pay 1. If I do, draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life.; At the beginning of my upkeep, if ~ is in the command zone, I gain 2 life.)
Battlefield:

(U) Skipjack Pasture (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Put a 0/1 white Goat creature token onto the battlefield.; T, Sac X Goats: Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool. I gain X life.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 5
Library: 91
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Sol Ring (T:2)
(U) Simic Signet ( 1, T: GU )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice with the mana explosion.

Untap, upkeep-gain 2 life, Draw

Azure Chancery, returning Skipjack Pasture to my hand

Done

Spidey: 44
Battlefield:

(T) Azure Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 5
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Now, what to do with this abundance.....
Get more?

Untap, upkeep, Draw
Opal Palace
Farhaven Elf
Get a Forest
Done

Spidey: 44
Battlefield:

(T) Azure Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 4
Library: 89
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Opal Palace (T: Add {1} to your mana pool. 1T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. If you spend this mana to cast your commander, it enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of times it's been cast from the command zone this game. )

(S) Farhaven Elf (1/1, When Farhaven Elf comes into play, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, this is bad...

Untap, upkeep-gain 2 life, Draw

Skipjack Pasture
Sun Droplet

Done

Spidey: 46
Library: 90
Battlefield:

(U) Sun Droplet (Whenever I'm dealt dmg, put that many charge ctrs on ~.; At the beginning of each upkeep, I may remove a charge ctr from ~. If I do, I gain 1 life)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 4
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Opal Palace (T: Add {1} to your mana pool. 1T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. If you spend this mana to cast your commander, it enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of times it's been cast from the command zone this game. )

(S) Farhaven Elf (1/1, When Farhaven Elf comes into play, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Curse of the Forsaken on you
Attack with Elf

Done

Spidey: 45
Library: 90
Battlefield:

(U) Sun Droplet (Whenever I'm dealt dmg, put that many charge ctrs on ~.; At the beginning of each upkeep, I may remove a charge ctr from ~. If I do, I gain 1 life)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 41
Hand:
Library: 88
Command Zone: GWU Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (Legendary Bird Wizard. 2/3, Flying. Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may tap or untap target permanent. {1}{G}{W}{U}: Put Derevi onto the battlefield from the command zone. )
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Simic Signet ( 1, T: GU )
(T) Azorius Chancery (ETB Tapped. When Azorius Chancery comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add WU to your mana pool. )
(U) Azorius Keyrune (T:W or U)

(T) Farhaven Elf (1/1, When Farhaven Elf comes into play, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Put a charge counter on the Droplet from combat

Untap, upkeep - remove a charge ctr from the Droplet to gain a life, gain 2 life from Oloro, Draw

Crawlspace

Done

Spidey: 48
Battlefield:

(T) Skipjack Pasture (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Put a 0/1 white Goat creature token onto the battlefield.; T, Sac X Goats: Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool. I gain X life.)

(U) Crawlspace (No more than two creatures can attack me each combat)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 41
Hand:
Command Zone: GWU Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (Legendary Bird Wizard. 2/3, Flying. Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may tap or untap target permanent. {1}{G}{W}{U}: Put Derevi onto the battlefield from the command zone. )
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Azorius Chancery (ETB Tapped. When Azorius Chancery comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add WU to your mana pool. )

(T) Farhaven Elf (1/1, When Farhaven Elf comes into play, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep , Draw

Plains
Leafdrake Roost on my Forest
Use the forest to get a drake
Attack for 1 with the elf
gain a life

Done

Spidey: 47
Battlefield:

(T) Skipjack Pasture (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Put a 0/1 white Goat creature token onto the battlefield.; T, Sac X Goats: Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool. I gain X life.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 42
Hand:
Library: 87
Battlefield:

(U) Plains ~Roosted~
(T) Forest
(T) Azorius Keyrune (T:W or U)

Leafdrake Roost (, EL, Enchanted land has "{G}{U}, {T}: Put a 2/2 green and blue Drake creature token with flying onto the battlefield." )

(S) Drake Token (2/2, Flying)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You probably should put the Curse on the battlefield :)

Put a charge ctr on the Droplet from combat.

Untap, upkeep - remove a charge ctr from the Droplet to gain a life, gain 2 life from Orolo, Draw

Arg. Seriously, I shuffled the cards in Excel like 20 times. Where's the frickin' mana?

Done

Spidey: 50
Battlefield:

(U) Azure Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 42
Hand:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains ~Roosted~
(T) Forest

Leafdrake Roost (, EL, Enchanted land has "{G}{U}, {T}: Put a 2/2 green and blue Drake creature token with flying onto the battlefield." )

(S) Drake Token (2/2, Flying)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I am getting all the mana, but nothing to do with it.
UUD
Well, this is something
Island
Mirror Entity
Make all my creatures 4/4 and
attack with Elf and Drake for 8
I gain 2

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Azure Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 44
Hand:1
Library: 86
Battlefield:

(U) Plains ~Roosted~
(U) Island
(U) Forest

Curse of the Forsaken (Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life.)

(T) Drake Token (2/2, Flying)
(S) Mirror Entity (, 1/1, Changeling. X: Creatures you control become X/X and gain all creature types until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whee for me. Put 8 charge ctrs on the Droplet from combat.

Untap, upkeep - remove a charge ctr from the Droplet to gain a life, gain 2 life from Oloro, Draw

Finally! Plains
Wall of Reverence

Done - gain 1 life from the Wall

Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(U) Sun Droplet (Whenever I'm dealt dmg, put that many charge ctrs on ~.; At the beginning of each upkeep, I may remove a charge ctr from ~. If I do, I gain 1 life) *7 charge ctrs*

(S) Wall of Reverence (1/6; Defender, Flying; At the beginning of my end step, I may gain life equal to the power of target creature I control)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 44
Hand:1
Battlefield:

(U) Plains ~Roosted~
(U) Island
(U) Forest

Curse of the Forsaken (Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life.)

(S) Mirror Entity (, 1/1, Changeling. X: Creatures you control become X/X and gain all creature types until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Tap Plains, Island and Forest to get a drake
UUD
Tap out for the Mirror's ability and attack with 2 10/10 flying drakes
I gain 2 life
Block?

Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(U) Sun Droplet (Whenever I'm dealt dmg, put that many charge ctrs on ~.; At the beginning of each upkeep, I may remove a charge ctr from ~. If I do, I gain 1 life) *7 charge ctrs*

(S) Wall of Reverence (1/6; Defender, Flying; At the beginning of my end step, I may gain life equal to the power of target creature I control)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 46
Hand:2
Library: 85
Battlefield:

(T) Plains ~Roosted~
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(U) Mirror Entity (, 1/1, Changeling. X: Creatures you control become X/X and gain all creature types until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 10 and Wall bites it.
Done

Spidey: 36
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains ~Roosted~
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(U) Mirror Entity (, 1/1, Changeling. X: Creatures you control become X/X and gain all creature types until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh. Put 10 charge ctrs on the Droplet.

Done

Spidey: 39
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

(U) Sun Droplet (Whenever I'm dealt dmg, put that many charge ctrs on ~.; At the beginning of each upkeep, I may remove a charge ctr from ~. If I do, I gain 1 life) *16 charge ctrs*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains ~Roosted~
(T) Island
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, you're drawing like I usually do.
Sorry
UUD
Make my creatures 4/4 and attack with the drakes
Response?

Spidey: 39
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

(U) Sun Droplet (Whenever I'm dealt dmg, put that many charge ctrs on ~.; At the beginning of each upkeep, I may remove a charge ctr from ~. If I do, I gain 1 life) *16 charge ctrs*

Exile:
Hand: 3
Library: 84
Battlefield:

(U) Plains ~Roosted~
(U) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Opal Palace (T: Add {1} to your mana pool. 1T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. If you spend this mana to cast your commander, it enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of times it's been cast from the command zone this game. )
(U) Azorius Chancery (ETB Tapped. When Azorius Chancery comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add WU to your mana pool. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think I've been drawing how I generally drew in this whole Commander series, except for last game :rolleyes: This sucks.

Take it and put the appropriate number of charge ctrs (8?) on the Droplet.