Coming Atractions

B

Baron Sengir

If it's gonna be a red blue deck (as it seems it will) I have a bunch of stuff I could let you use. If you're real nice, I may even trade you some Frenetic Efreets. I'm not sure yet, though, so don't quote me.

I remain
The Baron
Nice as hell to his little brother ... the buttnugget. :)

I

Ihsans Shade

The Baron pointed out to me that I tend to make mono chromed decks that get their butts kicked more often than not. So in response I am in the process of building an off colored deck which I plan on calling: Burning Control. This decks purpose is to deny your opponent the lands (via stone rain), and the spells(take your pick)that they so desperetly need. While they are killed of by direct damage, or good old fashion Creatures!Any cards that you wish to suggest? fire away! However I only have commons, and uncommons.

I

Ihsans Shade

What ever. I just know that the deck sucks right now. Mainly because I ran out of counterspells.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ihsan,
If you're going to be using things like fireballs consider picking up a Drain Power or 2. They're rare, but old, lame, and available, and they'd work well with Fireball, Blaze, and Earthquake.

I gotta tell you, though, that it's going to be hard to make that color combo work, especially without dual lands of any kind. Most of the LD in red requires RR to cast, and many of the quality counters in blue (like Counterspell) are also 2 color specific.

I made a fun R/U deck a little while ago that was, of course, voided out of type 2 by 666e :( , that you might like. It has a few rares, but if you chose to build it they wouldn't cost you a fortune. I think I've still got it together around here somewhere...Ah yes!

4 Mana Flare (probably my favorite card :) )
4 Horseshoe Crab
4 Hermetic Study
4 Whispers of the Muse
4 Frantic Search
4 Counterspell
4 Forbid
4 Incinerate
2 Palinchron
1 Fireball
4 Caldera Lake (substitute Volcanic Island if possible, or Cities of Brass, or even Gemstone Mines, though there's no telling how THAT would turn out)
2 Reflecting Pool
2 Fellwar Stone
4 Mountain
4 Faerie Conclave
9 Island

It's not the combo menace you're probably thinking at this point, though the combo IS there if you get to 6 lands, a Mana Flare in play, and Palinchron and the Fireball in your hand.

Rather, it's a controllish deck that depends on the Hermetic Crabs for board control and repeat pinging ability. Palinchron is a beating even when you aren't making it dance the mana engine jig, and it's almost impossible to kill.

Whaddya' think?

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

I

Ihsans Shade

Thanks TomB, but except for the mountains, islands, counterspell, and the fireball I have none of those cards. I will post the completed, though kinda crappy deck tommorrow.