Coalition Victory

B

bryson430

Has anyone made a decent Coalition Victory deck that wasn't too appallingly slow?

I'm gathering cards for one now. So far:

Coalition Victory
Dragon Arch
Sliver Queen
Cromat
Harrows
Basic Land

Suggestions please!

T

train

Hunting grounds cromat and harrows... then you coalition victory...

J

Jigglypuff

Here's an all-Invasion Coalition Victory deck that I built:

4 Kavu Chameleon
1 Treva, the Renewer
1 Crosis, the Purger
1 Darigaaz, the Igniter
1 Dromar, the Banisher
1 Rith, the Awakener
2 Llanowar Knight
2 Shivan Zombie
2 Galina's Knight
2 Yavimaya Barbarian
2 Vodalian Zombie
4 Coalition Victory
4 Harrow
4 Elfhame Sanctuary
4 Chromatic Sphere
3 Plains
3 Swamp
3 Mountain
3 Island
13 Forest

It was mostly geared towards getting out the required creatures and lands as quickly as possible and winning before the opponent could kill you.

(- Steve -)

L

Lord Bane

I had a reasonable one based around 4 Shyfts.

Green/Blue main mana base with splashes of other colours. Using Harrows to get your land into play-drop a shyft and then comes the C.V.

J

Jigglypuff

Originally posted by train
It's missing Cromat!!!...
Hmm, let's see here... Oh that's right. My deck was built before Planeshift and Apocalypse. No wonder I forgot Cromat. Gee, how could I forget to put in a creature that we didn't know about yet. Heck, I should replace the crappy dragon legends with a big caterpillar. Silly me.

(- Steve -)

W

WickedBoy6

There's probably no reason to in the deck, but you could always play "Last Stand" from Apocalypse, seeing as how you're using 5-color anyway.

Last Stand - WUBRG
Sorcery - Rare
Target opponent loses 2 life for each swamp you control. Last Stand deals damage equal to the number of mountains you control to target creature. Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play for each forest you control. You gain 2 life for each plains you control. Draw a card for each island you control, then discard that many cards from your hand.

There's no real place for it in the deck, plus to be REALLY effective, you need multiple lands of each type in play, but I think it's a quite nice card.

T

train

I'd go with the old Cromat...

Oh...

did I already mention that...

J

Jigglypuff

Here's a new Coalition Victory deck I just mentally built.

20 Legends (from Legends)
4 Vampiric Tutor
4 Dragon Arch
4 Eladamri's Call
4 Land Grant
4 Coalition Victory
4 Scrubland
4 Tropical Island
4 Savannah
4 Taiga
4 Bayou

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I had a buddy in my playgroup play Last Stand - first time I saw it. It was pretty funny, more so because he was losing and just wanted to cast it before he died :D

T

train

Puff... Could you just put one Cromat in there for me?....

Pretty Please...:D

W

WickedBoy6

I had a buddy in my playgroup play Last Stand
Did he have enough effects from Last Stand occur to turn the game around, Spidey? When you actually look at the spell, it can be quite potent, especially with a table full of dual lands.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, like I said, he was losing and just wanted to cast it before he died. He didn't expect to turn the game around for him.

W

WickedBoy6

Heh...Poor guy...It probably could've if he had enough swamps & plains out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I don't think he has dual lands so he plays with other multilands that don't count towards the basic land types. So he really has just his normal basic lands which aren't many in this particular deck.

Nor does he play with land fetchers that would help get them out :)

T

train

If you know him well enough - I'd say to show him the ropes spidey...

He could eventually build a game winning last stand deck... with some help form experienced players...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting to know him better; in the group I play with, the other 3 were high school buddies - I met one of them in college.

However, if you've ever read my "deck reports" with this group and my description of them (not sure if you came on during that time), he tends to want to play "uncomplicated" cards and so he doesn't do a lot of "tricks". Just creatures and creature enchantments. This particular deck seems to just use the "basic land type" cards like Last Stand and the various dinosaurs and whatnot; I don't think he's trying to focus it or even want to.