Clone deck

R

Rakarth

I've been picking up more and more cards that copy cards, the latest of which is Followed Footsteps which enchants a creatures and puts a copy of it into play each of your upkeeps :) So how would you exploit the cloning ability?

If you opponent has nothing on the field worth cloning then you're going to need something in your deck that is worth playing and hence cloning aren't you? However it can't be legendary unless you have Sakashima the Imposter and even then you can only clone it once with him. So having say, Mirri in the deck is cool but not if you can't clone her so is there anything else that people think is worth going in a deck like this? Maybe four copies of plague rats :D

Is there anything that can be exploited by the clone ability other than just a really powerful creature which you double?

I've toyed with the idea of things like Bronze Bombshell and Sleeper Agent (thanks Spidey, I have first hand experience of this) and Avarice Totem. Playing the ability twice can give me control of one of my opponents creatures and chuck a copy of a Bronze Bombshell their way. I know there's an enchantement that deals a lot of damage at the end of the turn to whoever controls it but I can't remember it's name.

I know Avarice Totem is quite expensive to use, especially twice but seven damage from a bombshell is a lot:)

Any ideas after that ramble :p anything that clones can be used for?

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
thanks Spidey, I have first hand experience of this
Always glad to help :D

Cards other than creatures... hmm... all I can think of is utility stuff, like Wishes, or Mirari's Wake... it seems such a copy deck would need a focus on what to copy and there's so many different cards...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
Donate for your Bronze Bombshell with a Mirari in play for a cloned Bombshell? That's a little much, huh? :eek:
How about Sky Swallower instead of donate.... just wait for 2 or 3 turns of creating more bombshells.....
Paradox Haze would get things going quicker for you with 2 upkeeps per turn....

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I know they have been out a while, and some are quite expensive, but for creature cloning, it is "Clone" and "Versuvan Doppleganger" and there is another Doppleganger but not sure what his name is.

If you are looking to copy other stuff, "Copy Artifact" is an oldie but goodie.

R

Rakarth

What does that strike me as a type of deck you'd make KJ? Create lots of Bronze Bombshells and palm them off on your opponents :)

I think the guy you're thinking of is Dimir Doppelganger and he's proved to be ever so useful inmy ninja deck, however he only copies cards in a graveyard so he's no use in helping you get rid of the big guy tearing up the field.

I think I'm going to experiment with a few things suggested on here, mainly the Bombshells and giving them to opponents, maybe even with Sky Swallower :) Thanks

Rakarth

M

Modus Pwnens

Sky Swallower is great with Brooding Saurian, but that's a completely different deck :)