Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hacksaw parade! Pies for sale here!

• Zippety-bee Tralala-leebop-shoowop

• Total voters
S

Svenmonkey

Christopher Columbus, what a friggin moohole! All that oinkhead was was a septic Italian rapist who had the amazing idea of going the other way around earth to get to Asia! And the first thing he and his crew did when they landed in the Caribbean was go on a raping rampage! And all he brought to the Americas was filthy European plagues, deceitfulness, oppression, and bad European foods. And for some reason we have a holiday commemorating this jerk? I'm ashamed of my European heritage...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't the only one with the idea of going westward to find a way to India... it was quite the idea of the time.

D

DÛke

...yeah, if you say so.

In case you have not noticed, there would be *no* "America" or the "U.S" or whatever if such a discovery was not made. The U.S., for example, is made out of other cultures -- it's own culture has developed *because* of the intermixing of the different cultures. Whatever you see and like about the United States or Canada is only there because of this diversity...all started by the Europeans. You wouldn't have a thing, not even that computer you're using to make public that you're ashamed of your heritage...

And what's wrong with raping? Not as bad as murder, at least, wouldn't you think?

R

Rando

What you take away from a woman when she is raped can never be given back. You take away dignaty, a sense of safety, her civil rights and her power over herself. I consider it just as bad as murder and a capitol crime. Don't you ever say anything so blatantly ignorant, sexist and foolish again, DUke.

...And what evidence is there that supports the assumption that he and his men went on a "raping and pillaging rampage"?

H

Hetemti

I see rape as worse than murder. With murder, its done and over with. With rape, not only is the memory, possible scaring, and emotional damage permanant, there's also the prospect of STD/AIDS, and in some cases, having to choose either abortion or birthing the spawn of her assailant.

D

DÛke

...whatever.

If there was any raping then, it probably involved men raping men and what have you.

Raping isn't as bad as murder. With murder, you die. You end. With rape, you can live and see the filth coming back at those who cause the harm. Now, who wouldn't want to see their enemies suffer? And believe me, once you commit a moral sin, you basically have opened your gates and have invited sin to be committed...comitted on you. You'd live up to see what will become of you, usually, it's nothing to be proud of, nor is it anything of happiness. What you have done wrong comes back 3 times worthy of a greater wrong, and it comes back to you. You don't believe me, go ahead and try and commit something immoral -- you'll never get away with it.

And as for the dramatic memories such an experience can leave on a woman -- don't hate me when I say that, most women get over it one way or another. These things happen, and they happen to someone. Waaaa haaaaa.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Men raping men? How do you figger? I don't think the Native Americans were all male... :)

With rape, you can live and see the filth coming back at those who cause the harm. Now, who wouldn't want to see their enemies suffer? And believe me, once you commit a moral sin, you basically have opened your gates and have invited sin to be committed...comitted on you. You'd live up to see what will become of you, usually, it's nothing to be proud of, nor is it anything of happiness. What you have done wrong comes back 3 times worthy of a greater wrong, and it comes back to you. You don't believe me, go ahead and try and commit something immoral -- you'll never get away with it.
There's no guarantee that you'll see your "enemies suffer". If that was the case, there wouldn't be rape now because everyone would know they'd get caught and there wouldn't be open cases.

And as for the dramatic memories such an experience can leave on a woman -- don't hate me when I say that, most women get over it one way or another. These things happen, and they happen to someone. Waaaa haaaaa.
Ouch, DUke, how do you figure this? I'm going to say this is NOT true, otherwise most of the Muslim women (I think they were Muslim) raped during the Yugoslav civil war would not have committed suicide. And that's just one conflict. I think women might move on with their life, but that's not the same as "getting over it".

Back to the original post, What bad European foods did they bring over? Flan? :p

And they probably brought over siestas, which we did NOT take :(

H

Hetemti

Interesting perspective, DÛke. I'd comment more, but anyone who'd understand my responce would already have thought it from reading your latest post.

R

Rando

DUke, you have proven your stupidity, youth, and ignorence with that post. Read a book and learn a little more about the aspects of life you know nothing about before you post such uneducated drivel.

M

MrXarvox

Rape is SO much worse than murder.

Murder is most often a crime of elimination- the murderer doesn't often kill for FUN. A murderer kills, usually, to get rid of someone that jeopardizes his/her well-being, be it an enemy or a witness. A murder victim doesn't have to live with the scars. They get on with whatever's beyond the veil.

Rape, on the other hand, is comitted out of sheer brutality and hate. Those who do it, do it because they hate women, and as it was stated before, rape leaves severe psychological scars that almost never heal. Imagine not being able to have sex without recalling something horrible that someone did to you.

As for Columbus, he was just like any other jerk of the time period. Any other European sailor would have done the same thing. It was common practice.

Columbus got his punishment for it, though. Death by Syphilis.

D

DÛke

...Spiderman, I'm not a political guy at all. Those Muslim women you speak of, I have never heard about. Heck, I don't know anything about anything political, expect when it comes to mostly the U.S., because I've been living here for quite a while now. So that war you speak of -- I have no clue about. Sorry. :) Hey, I'm sure it existed though! :D

Rando, call me whatever you want...heh...but if I have an opinion, I don't *need* to check it out in some book before stating it, even if it's wrong. It's *mine* -- nobody in the universe, not even the God you may believe in -- can order me to re-check my opinion. So there you go...you don't like it, then tough. Educate me before calling me "uneducated," and then make your oh-so-wise judgements.

R

Rando

There's a difference between having an opinion and being wrong. You, sir, are wrong.

D

DÛke

...I'm wrong.

I'm wrong according to *your* moral standards? Well, you may have not noticed, Rando, but I don't abide by your typical social or moral standards or rules...consider me an expection to the rule, or maybe just a plain fool...but I know what I consider *myself,* and if you're going to pretend that I'm uneducated, at least have the intelligence to pretend it so that I could see it.

As for the whole issue...it's just part of history. What happened, happened. It doesn't matter how it happened. You need to be thankful you're alive to complain about -- that's all you need to do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is this the same DUke that we all know and love? 'Cause it sure doesn't sound like it... are you having a bad day/week/year or something? You gotta lot of work or something?

Yeah, it's your opinion, but if that's the case, that's one I don't need to hear. It's like saying all Arabs are terrorists, or all blacks are drug-dealers, therefore they and only they should be stopped on the highway for checks. You don't have to even say "all" but "most", like what you're doing.

Ugh... I'm sorry, but that's just a cop-out... "my opinion" indeed... :(

R

Rando

Raping isn't as bad as murder.
Wrong.

What you have done wrong comes back 3 times worthy of a greater wrong,
Wrong.

most women get over it one way or another.
Wrong.

And, what pisses me off the most about your statement...

These things happen, and they happen to someone. Waaaa haaaaa.
It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. There is a difference I do not think you realize. Obviously you do not know anyone who has been through this and it shows in your insensitivities. If you do know someone who has been through this, then you are a cold hearted misenthrope.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

OK, so I presume from his last statement Rando does know someone who has been raped. In fact, unless you have been raped or know someone who has been raped, why should you conjecture as to what it feels like? The only reason I can think of for doing so (and it is a very good one, I don't want to undermine it) would be to work to prevent rape. However, there isn't much of a danger of that happening on this thread, and all of the people involved in the rape that occured when Columbus came to this hemisphere are long dead.

The only reasons I can think of to talk about this subject further(that is, the only reasoning that the people who are continuing this thread are following) would be to yell at DÛke, and to promote general feeling that rape is bad. Both have been done to a fair degree. This thread really doesn't need to become an issue, unless someone is interested in holding DÛke's statements against him permanently.

If in fact the general consensus among the rest of the posters is to be that DÛke is a moron (which seems to be what the general consensus is approaching), then, by all means, point taken.

DÛke is not saying directly cruel things (he isn't wishing rape on anyone) ; he just wishes to show that he doesn't think of rape as a huge outrage. Point taken (especially since he brought this whole issue up himself).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
At least Columbus wasn't the first to discover America(and he really wasn't, if you remember your history correctly).

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rando

Maybe I was just building it all up as an excuse to finally use the word "misenthrope" in general conversation.

D

DÛke

...thank you TICM.

Rando, I never said rape wasn't wrong, but first, we need to look at this "wrong" issue -- was it as "wrong" back then as it is now, maybe worse, maybe less? This whole rape issue is very, very, very irrelevant -- again, and I quote myself:
Myself:

These things happen, and they happen to someone. Waaaa haaaaa.
This is the one that "pisses" you "off the most," right Rando -- maybe you should have read a bit closer. "These things happen, and they happen to someone." Murder, rape, crimes of all colors happen, and they do happen to someone...why are you going to sit down and discuss this rape issue? It happens *all the time,* and I'm sure many people have different opinions about each and every single case...you don't need to prove me wrong to believe that you're right -- if you think you're right, than good for you, but don't try to be right by proving me wrong -- that's not how it is. Go prove you're right to somebody who has an issue against your opinion...but not me. I don't have *any* issue towards your opinion, and I agree that rape is wrong -- I just don't see it as the biggest wrong in the world. That is all...

Spiderman -- I'm having a good week, thank you. :)