Choices for a new game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have any preference for a new game? Beyond Balderdash, another card game like Zum Kuckuck or Take 6, or stick with Tribond?

T

train

The only one i know on that list is Tribond...

but you know me... I'm up for anything...;)

J

Jigglypuff

I'd like to play Shipwrecked again. But I'd also be willing to play Tribond again as well.

(- Steve -)

T

train

Maybe I should come up with a game... one that will draw interest... any suggestions?...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play anything. I'm just trying to adapt certain party/card games to online, so whatever you think would work.

Z

Zhaneel

Tribond's fun, I don't know anything about the others. And this time I won't join in the middle of the game...

N

Nightstalkers

how about a little game of appendix toss?

just kidding! anything is fine with us as long as its not hot potato.

Tribond would still be fun, but you always need to cycle things because its only one person setting up an event. Internet WebSite Manual-Pg284-Internet Fun and Games

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
UNO and Milles Bournes aren't bad but they depend on drawing cards a lot. I think games that deal one hand at a time or the whole thing like Wizard or Zum Kuckuck is better since you deal once in a while.

Well, it looks like Tribond again. We'll start Monday.

S

sageridder

I'm always up for BB, or tribond (ok like BB better), I just wish the Werewolf game went somewere.It was much fun , but I won't be fooled again.

N

Nightstalkers

Werewolf!!! Where? what is BB? who ate the chocolate over there?

Now, back to the plan. We use the mtgnews site as a staging ground for the attacks
on everyone except the U.S., right?
Not on us, the U.S.
What? Ok, lets start again. We attack the U.S. not Us, right?
On Us, not the U.S.
Who? What! FORGET IT!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Explanation of Games that I Ran before:
  • Tribond - everyone knows this :)
  • Beyond Balderdash - I give a category and example such as Date, Nov. 14 1963. Players give me their guesses as to what significant thing happened on that date. I list those guesses and players pick which one they think is correct (I obviously include the correct answer in the list). You get points for picking the correct answer, giving a guess in the first place, and for other players picking your guess.
  • Wizard - similiar to "single player" Spades in that you bid on how many tricks you can get, with hand size increasing from 1 card to 13 (or depending on how many people are playing). There are 8 "special" cards though, 4 Wizards which can take even the Ace of trump, and 4 Jesters which assure you of NOT taking a trick. You get points for exactly making your bid and you are penalized if you are over or under your bid.
  • Take 6 - another card game where you are dealt a hand of cards from numbers ranging from 1 to 104. There are 6 columns. Every round, players give me a card and I assign those cards in the columns in increasing numerical numbers. If your card is the 6th card in the column, you take the column and all its assorted points (each card is worth a certain amount of points). Play continues until someone reached a certain amount of points where they lose. The lowest amount of points at that point wins.
  • Zum Kuckuk - a card game where you are dealt a hand of cards ranging from 1 to 60? and a certain amount of "eggs". 2 cards are revealed from a "separate" deck that range from 1-12. Everyone picks a card and reveals. The lowest number card gets the low card from the 1-12 deck, the second lowest gets the second number. The highest card showing of those two numbers overall (like from prevoous rounds) has to crack an egg. When all eggs are cracked, you are out. When the round is over, you get points for how many eggs are left. Then the same hands are passed to the next player and it begins again. The game is over when everyone has played everyone else's hand and the highest score wins.

T

train

Balderdash and tribond definitely seem like my kind of games...

I'm decent at spades so Wizards sound okay too...

Z

Zhaneel

Those sound fun, except maybe Wizard, because I've never played Spades