Chimeric Idol, should it be errata-ed?

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Hellion, Jun 11, 2000.

1. Y The Alien Deity

Tag Guard

It's a 3/3. No need for banning. No need for errata. The. End.
  2. Apollo Bird Boy

Actually, not the end. If you activate the Idol's ability, and your opponent Disenchant's it in response, you would not tap all of your lands, would you? Because the effect fizzles, (a fun word) I believe.

Chimeric Idol is not a mistake, and it will not require errata. I can't even see it seeing real Constructed play. The tournament scene wasn't exactly dominated by Trained Armandon, was it? That was a 3/3 for 3 mana that didn't require tapping all of your lands, and yet no one made a big deal about it. I realize the Wrath of God thing, but it still isn't that powerful.

Is the Idol an uncommon? I thought it was a rare.

Apollo
  3. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Disenchanting the Idol after its ability has been paid for (all 0 of it) will not stop it's effect from taking place. Since the Idol is gone, it still tries to do as much as it can and will still tap your lands.

3/3 for 3 generic and being colorless makes the Idol a little better, hence it's drawback. The Trained Armodon was largley (but not completely) ignored because green had better deals at 3 mana, and because green in Rath sucked. Also, considering the major upcosting of creatures these days (to "slow the environment") it's not such a bad deal... if you can work around the drawback.

Rare? Uncommon? I dunno. Don't care, either. :p
  4. Cateran Overlord New Member

I just realized something. If you activate the idol, and they disenchant it in response, then you would still have to tap your lands. That could be a drawback I would think, but it's still an awesome card.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Isn't that what CT just said? ;)
  6. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Chimeric Idol is not awesome, except in limited environments.