Cheesy combo with Lightening Greaves, Starlit Sanctum and Daru Spiritualist

W

Weezix

Has anyone else fallen victim to this CHEESY-est of CHEESY combos? Appearantly with these three, 2 drops (or less for the land) on the table, you can equip two clerics some arbitrarily large number of times for free, each time boosting the clerics toughness by two. Then when he is a 2/2,000,000 or whatever sac him to the Sanctum and be set for LIFE, literally.
I give props to the guy who first saw this combo, but pleaase do not play it! What a game killer.

Thoughts?

-- Weezix

H

Hetemti

Hustle out some basic land, cast Sliver Queen and Coalition Victory, and say 'I win.'

Assuming he didn't crap out a Platinum.

I

Izaryo

you got some thought there weezix. i should try it...

...although it is cheese

T

train

Coalition victory is only cheese because it's blue!...

Otherwise it's kind of cool!:D

N

Nightstalkers

Heh, now I'm going to have to create another deck for that apprentice tournament we were going to have.

Stupid stupid stupid!!! I should always make 3-4 decks full of nasty combos instead of just one...

O

orgg

Smells like "En-Kor, Angel, About Face" spirit.

Hey, excrement happens. Just take a walk outside in the country, and turn around... or About Face. Or Transmutate.

Screw the life, how about some DAMAGE?

Then again, if you need two clerics... it's even harder, and can't be done on the second turn in a 1.5 tourney like some similar combos can.

True, cheese exists. But really, where doesn' t it stink at some point?

R

Rooser

Yeah man, that's just a more complicated version of En-Kor + Task Force + Diamond Valley/Animal Boneyard. About face can be fun, but it can be tricky to pull off too. I find just putting yourself at 9 trillion life is enough to win you the game most of the time.

It's not really that stupid of a combo. It needs a lot of cards, of which most decks can handle one piece of, it doesn't go off at instant speed, and it doesn't always end the game. An infinite damage combo can still do you in, as can decking. Amusing, anda good rogue strategy, but not broken.

I

Izaryo

or the en-kor-task force or a daru spritualist,about face and then a fling....

R

rfoushee

You dont need two clerics just 1 cleric and 1 other creature. For a kill condition play black/white clerics and use Unspeakable Symbol.