Cheesy Blue Infinite Deck

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Hello all. This deck has some problems with artifact hate, but you usually have backups of your combo and since it goes off turn 3 or so, sometimes they even tap out.

Its basically a 2 card infinite, 7 kill cards, and nothing but blue search. Pretty effective though. Dumb but effective.

Power Artifact UU is an enchant artifact that reduces an activation cost by 2. Therefore tap grim for 3, untap for 2, infinite. It also pisses people off in group games when you prosperity for 900 and make it a draw :D . I do that far too often

22 Islands

Combo:
4 Power Artifact
4 Grim Monolith

Kill Cards:
2 Magma Mine
2 Rocket Launcher
3 Stroke of Genius

Search:
4 Sleight of Hand
4 Accumulated Knowledge
4 Impulse
3 Ancestral Knowledge
3 Portent
2 Mystical Tutors
2 Fabricate
2 Prosperity

Also if anyone knows of better search cards, lmk. Some of these aren't very well known so here's the rundown.

Sleight of Hand U Sorcery
Look at the Top 2, One in hand one on bottom of library

Portent U Sorcery
Look at top 3 of any players library, shuffle, put 3 in any order, draw a card next turn.

Impulse 1U Instant
Look at top 4, one in hand rest on bottom of library

I made this deck before spy network or
others like it.. heres a list:

Sorceries: all costing U

Careful Study
Draw 2, discard 2

Index
Rearrange top 5

Serum Vision
Draw 1 Scry 2

<Sleight & Portent Above>

Instants: all costing U

Opt
Scry 1, Draw 1

Spy Network U
Look at opponent's hand, rearrange top 4.

Peek
Look at playershand, draw a card

Brainstorm
Draw 3, put any 2 on top or bottom of library.

Also if there are better kill cards, or other broken things with power artifact, i'd like to know that as well.

Thanks

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Impulse is a good one...

There's also Brainstorm, Frantic Search, Fact or Fiction, Whispers of the Muse, Gush...

Basalt Monolith would also work with Power Artifact if you need more slots to combine with it, but it's not as good as Grim, so if four slots is enough, then don't...

Intuition/Accumulated Knowledge is a fun card drawing engine, and if you want, you can always Intuition for Power Artifacts in order to get one for your combo.

It seems you have no countermagic in a monoblue deck. I would definitely fix that...

F

Force of Will Smith

Hmm.. Im Personally not a fan of FoF. I think Gush may slow me down, but Brainstorm would definately be a better alternative.

I looked into basalt, but you cant spend the mana it taps for to be put into itself :(

I might run some countermagic, but it would probably only be 4 force of wills, cause i usually drop the infinite with multiples of it in hand, and a few other blue cards.

T

train

Memory Jar, and Dream Halls are good search cards - and if you're going to win anyway - why not meditate...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I can't believe I forgot Meditate...

Thanks, Train...

Meditate would be awesome. But Dream Halls is not a search card...

Unsure about Jar. It could be insane in this deck (it's always insane when it actually sees play), but it's tough to tell...

T

train

I said dream halls as a search mistakenly...

I was thinking of using it with meditate, to play the tate for free, and draw up cards that way...

Jar on the other hand, is a pretty good search card...

But then there's also mind's desire...:D

:rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If you're going to play a draw spell for free, Opportunity is the one to use...

Opportunity > Ancestral Recall. You might not think so, but try out my Dream Halls deck and you'll see... :p

Anyway, I don't think Dream Halls or Mind's Desire (I can't decide which is more evil and broken) go in this deck. They make their own (probably better) combo decks already. When Grim Monolith and Power Artifact both hit, it's infinite mana. Being able to play spells for free is kind of pointless when you can just play an X spell for some huge number...

This deck needs to focus on getting the combo out, and if it's able to play Mind's Desire for a significant amount, then it should have been focusing on drawing its combo components. Same goes for Dream Halls...

Unless you want to use Grim Monolith to play Dream Halls faster, then use Dream Halls to play Opportunities, Meditates, Frantic Searches, drop Power Artifact on Monolith, then Stroke the opponent for some huge amount...

Now why would you do something like that?

I'm scared. It might be even better than my deck... :(

T

train

Well, the reason I suggested Mind's Desire, is it's mill/free play ability... expecially after you could run into a draw stall...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dream Halls AND Mind's Desire? :rolleyes:

I'd like to see that deck... :p

Train, just how many broken blue cards can you squeeze into one deck?

T

train

you really want to know?!...

Well it comes down to playing a lot with dream halls for free, and then when you stall for no card drawing, you mind's desire..

:D

Of course - you should have gotten your kill or otherwise, but sometimes you just stall out.

:D
(smiling 'cause that's great for blue...)

E

Exaulted_Leader

...Who in God's name is letting you play with a full playset of Monoliths in your deck?

May as well throw-in 4 Tinkers, 4 Dream Halls, 4 Mind's Desire, 4 Tolarian Academy and 4 Stroke of Genius (...Oh, wait - you already included 3 of those). :rolleyes:

I wish my friends were dumb enough to let me play decks that ignored banned/restricted lists. I'd get rich by playing overkill ante with some broken Charbelcher deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Exaulted_Leader
...Who in God's name is letting you play with a full playset of Monoliths in your deck?

May as well throw-in 4 Tinkers, 4 Dream Halls, 4 Mind's Desire, 4 Tolarian Academy and 4 Stroke of Genius (...Oh, wait - you already included 3 of those). :rolleyes:

I wish my friends were dumb enough to let me play decks that ignored banned/restricted lists. I'd get rich by playing overkill ante with some broken Charbelcher deck.
He didn't! :mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EL: Oversoul doesn't really play or follow the B/R Lists - he's lucky enough to find like-minded people to play the same way :)

T

train

I like the way spidey says that...

"Lucky enough..."

the next question is whether they follow rules like the Legend Rules...

There could be multiple cradles in play if not...:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You know better than that. The restricted list is specific to Type I format. The legends rules are part of the game...

In the words of the greatest blue mage of all time: "tourney rules don't apply to everyone unless they're playing in a tourney."

T

train

The Legends rules were added to the "game", but you can play without them - and since you have a casual group - that's why I was hinting that way...

In the words of the greatest blue mage of all time:
I've retired that robe... but still use the other 6...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I suppose one could play by Alpha rules, but no one does anymore...

I used to be really stuck on 5th ed. and didn't like the changes (eliminating batches/series, losing the game as as soon as your life total hits zero, etc.) but for the sake of players having some common ground, the most current version of the rules seems ideal...

Anyway, we know by now that you are wearing that robe under your other one in order to conceal it... :p

F

Force of Will Smith

It's not a question of being "lucky" enough, or people being "dumb" enough. With people i play with, there are rules about the deck types you choose to play.

If i play this one, it would be against locks, infinites or t3 kills.

It's no fun to play with a badass all the time. And if someone surprises you with their 2 card infinite monoblack artifact deck... you kick it up a notch. (shadow equipment, mox hatred, high tide urza's, altarbirds, fling/ravager, forsaken stasis, teferi's dreams)

I have about 9 or 10 joke/fun decks i just F with. Kaboom rocks, btw! (Maindeck 4 Blinkmoth infusion, 4 dracos and 4 Pyromancy,Erratics, kabooms, with Red alternate cost burn with cc above 4)
T1 mountain, T2, mountain, T3 Erratic explosion revealing draco, fireblast for alt cc. :D.. maybe ill post that one sometime.

Although no one in my group, save for 1 person (1 mox sapphire, but she's really hot ) plays with anything related to the power nine.

I usually play casually, trying to make crap cards into locks and combos, i never liked tolarian decks, masticores, cursed scrolls. I have some ridiculously good decks, but don't play them often, it's more of a challenge i guess. Building an army of 150 saprolings when you know at any moment, a tremor could hit and you'll either have to eat every one, or start building again, :D is kinda fun