Check this out Admins

C

Child of Gaea

I am very tired of waiting for Doust already. Ed, you posted that it would only cost about $20 a month for us to get our site going. Why dont we do this now and then if Doust comes through, we can go from there? I will pay this $20 if I have too but $20 between the 8? of us is next to nothing. I would really love to have something happen instead of just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Maybe this is whack to the rest of you but this sucks being at the whim of a man who seems to be too busy to even answer e-mails. LMK what you all think.

Child
Hey Newwave how about you be affiliated with us?

C

Child of Gaea

If we are worried about recognition, why dont we go with Nekrataal's idea and have a partnership with MOTL? They have over 2500 members (including me) and if even one quarter of them joined that would be 600+. That would be better than nothing. Even though we had everything happen so fast in the past doesn't mean that we have to have 10000 members in a month or anything. If people like what we do and what we are about, they will find out eventually and join. We have to be somewhat realistic and take what we can get for now. I just want something to happen and if we have to work for it instead of having someone give it to us I am all for it even more because then we have definitely earned it. Please other founders post what you think. I dont even think the founders check in here very often anymore.

Child

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, that would be a good idea... to bad we'd lose all the work I did on these boards. And I don't think we'd have the correct colors on the boards unless MOTL uses 5.39x. Well, we could always just move everything on this board over..

Anyway, I'd still rather stick with New Wave, but if Doust isn't going to respond, then he screwwed us. I'd really like to hear the other founders--even members--opinions. You guys awake?

And 2 unrelated things:
1. Finished hack to should closed threads stuff and deleting individual posts.
2. CommuniTech is actually $30 a month, with $35 setup fee, but they have the most features I've ever seen on a provider.

-mike
"Ya dead mon?" "Ya mon"

Ferret

Staff member
Hi, thought I just might interject on this thread by simply saying in the nicest way possible HELL NO!

I want to stick w/ New Wave. I don't want to be associated w/ anyone else. Even though they seem to be ignoring us I think they'll come around. I'm not ready to give up yet!

-ferret

"...the second we associate ourselves w/ another site we could lose any chance of being w/ New Wave..."

B

Baron Sengir

Hmmm ... I posted earlier on this but it seems to be nowhere to be found.

Anyway, I have to go both ways on this. I want Newwave bad. Really. You have no idea.

BUT ... We have to be ready to accept the fact that Doust appears to have screwed us over. I want to wait. I don't want it to be true that a man we put a lot of trust in has let us down. I don't want us to look like a bunch of horses' asses.

BUT ... If Doust screwed us, we have to be able to stand on our own two feet. If we look like we got played, we lose members. That is unacceptable. I don't want this thing to come apart just because Doust isn't aboard. We were going to do this without him in the beginning and I think we could do it without him now. The only thing is, Doust would help us in so many ways that it is almost insane to go ahead without him. We'll pull it off, it will just take a lot more without Doust.

My vote is that we give Doust a little more time. He seemed reasonable and I'd like to think there's a f*cking good reason for this b*llsh*t. God himself had better be holding him back.

BUT ... If Doust is out of the question, are we prepared to go it alone? It won't be easy but we can do it. Judging from the work I've seen from everyone (Especially Ed) we can do this. It will just take a lot of effort and some cash from all of us. Do we want this thing bad enough? Are we all willing to make this site into the kick-ass, number one magic site I KNOW it can be, Doust or no Doust?!?

I know I am.

I remain
The Baron
Can I get a hell yeah?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Not a bad idea, but the only problem is getting people to find us then. I mean, NewWave is recognition.

And about $$$, it could be even less than $20/month, or much more. It all depends what features you want. One place that I've heard good things about and has a lot of features is CommuniTech. http://www.communitech.net/ . If we decide to go this route, this place might be a good idea.

-mike
Have we e-mailed Doust from the hotmail address? Then the name might catch his attention...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, let's wait a little. Should we keep emailing Doust? I think whoever is a good writer should e-mail him a note from the Hotmail address. The more emails, the less chance we have of being ignored.. at least to an extent.
Don't send him 200+.

And where's theorgg? You here man? Did you go to the prerelease? Report to us please..

And on last thing: It might sound a little rude, but do you have his phone number Tony? You could always force him to respond.

-mike
Restless near Philly

B

Baron Sengir

I had his phone number but all I ever got when I called was a flower shop here in South Dakota. I don't know what to do. I will try to e-mail him again later today.

I remain
The Baron
Still crazy after all these months

Ferret

Staff member
I've got an idea: let's write some articles.

Seriously. If we were to write some articles and submit them directly to New Wave's site, people could see our work and we could still get some recognition - and it might convince Doust to get our site up a little faster.

-ferret

"...let's give them a REASON to help us..."

C

Child of Gaea

My only basic reason for this post was to get something going again and it seems to be working.
I didnt like the fact that we have lost so much momentum and this place was just sitting here dead. Now at least we are generating more ideas and yes, Ferret that is a great idea to actually give them a REASON for helping us aside from the fact that we would be something that they have and the Dojo doesn't. Lets keep this up and get back on pace!

Child
"The Instigator"

"I would write articles, but as you see I cannot write for squat."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Articles... very good idea. Now what to write about? ...
Well, Ed, that's a good question. Why don't you think about that some more? ...
I think I will, Mike. Thanx! ...

-mike ..and Ed.

Ferret

Staff member
I think anyone can write articles, Child. Have you seen some of the drivel that The Dojo pops up there occasionaly? Just look at the Wakefield vs Mouth thread or the Women's Invitational discussion: there's some good stuff in there, but for the most part it's just people stating how they feel... just do the same: type what's on your mind and show it to everyone else...

-ferret

"...that's all I've been doing and somehow people like it..."

B

Baron Sengir

Excellent idea, Ferret. Child is too down on himself. He's a pretty smart guy, actually. Exposure is a great thing. Should we send exclusively to Newwave or do we want to write articles and send them to other sites like Brainburst or even the infamous Dojo?

LMK

I remain
The Baron
It's snowing here already. It's gonna be a long winter.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I've already been published on both of those sites and I do enjoy writing on a few of those threads, but New Wave is our prime target right now, so I say we stick w/ them for now...

-ferret

"...and then when the site goes up, we can make them Green w/ envy!"

D

Dune Echo

Hey, we could just use some of the old articles sitting in the email bucket! I know my Waylay article is way outta date, but that's started this whole gig in the first place, right? Maybe we could update them and send them in.

"Da tooth is out there, Skulley."--Foxfur Moldy

Z

Zadok001

Been outta town recently. Apologies.

I personally think we should give Doust a bit longer (not to say he's not pissing me off, but hey!), but not eternity.

We really should start writing articles, but we need some way to get people to start looking at us and paying attention. Yes, one way to do that is through articles, but I think there's a better way.

Remember how this whole thing got started? That's right, the Forums. Now, I think we already got a good 1/3 of the Dojo inhabitants (which explains why no one posts there anymore...), but what about MtgNews, and other related sites? The forums already have people trying to accomplish what we want done, so why not try to get them aboard?

But, assuming we can't do that for some odd reason, what kind of articles do you want us to write? I mean, are we supposed to be ranting, discussing casual play, or playing Wakefield? There's a lot of possibilities here, what kind of image are we projecting?

Anyway, I've got several articles ready to go, I just need to know what kind I should associate with the CPA, and which ones are independant...

Last thing, I promise (just don't hold me to that promise...) Do we have access to anyone ELSE at Newwave? And can we get THEM to scream and yell at Doust until he notices?

And, for now at least, Goodnight!

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I know what New Wave's been up to, and where David Doust has been focusing his energies...

Check it out at: www.PokeSchool.com/newwavepokeschool.html

It's the PocketMonster Menace again!

TomB
CPA Member

[Edited by TomB (10-11-1999 at 07:11 PM).]

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor