Cephalids

D

Daggertooth

I'm talking about the Looter and the Broker.

Am I the only one that thinks these guys are great? It's like every card has cycling. And doubles as a mill if your oponent runs our of cards. But you all knew that. I'm just wondering why these guys arn't seeing that much play.

A black/ blue deck with these and megrim would be devistating, Especial when coupled with some discards.
I even attempted to make a deck with these. Granted the deck shown is rather old and has been revised by me.

Okay, I'll have to admit that I haven't tested my revision of that deck. I don't have Aprintice, and by the time I get all the cards for this deck invasion, and quite posibly odysey will have rotated out. A problem I seem to have when trying to play type 2. But I still think the Idea behind this works.

The point is, I think these guys have unharnessed potential in and out of tournament play. But I'll let you experts tell me. :D And if I can manage to get the cards befor they rotate out I'll see for myself.

Sheesh, I've got to stop building entire decks based around cards I don't have.

Daggertooth

F

fuzzy510

I'm pretty sure that Cephalid Looter is exactly the same as Merfolk Looter. Blah.

I

Istanbul

Actually, Cephalid Looter costs 1 more and is a 2/1, I think.

Z

Zadok001

I like the Broken quite a bit! :) He's a bit costly, but the effect he has on game state in Limited is absolutely fantastic, and in Constructed, he's nothing to snort at. Unless your opponent is playing Red, in which case he reads "Target opponent discards a spell costing R."