CCHOF Invasion

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
OK. I thought I would build a deck around the Casual Card Hall of Fame card for Invasion.... Mage's Contest. I thought playing only red mana in the deck would make it a little easier to build......
Just trying to stay around until it gets enough mana to go off.
Brow beat and gamble are to find the mindslaver or Contest, or both.
Browbeat also allows me to put cards in my opponents hand to cast for Contest to counter.

4 Mindslaver
2 Paradise Mantle

4 Krark-Clan Stoker
3 Ornithopter
4 Skirk Prospector
3 Boros Recruit
4 Goblin Chirurgeon
3 Goblin Cohort
2 Phyrexian Walker
3 Goblin Balloon Brigade

2 Browbeat
2 Blazing Salvo
2 Gamble
2 Seething Song
3 Mages' Contest
2 Brightstone Ritual

17 Mountain

Alright you deck master builders, tear it apart.... :D

Melkor

I don't really see the need for the Paradise Mantles, you don't need the multi-color mana, and they don't seem to make the deck that much faster. Not to mention being dependent on having a creature. If you wanted artifact mana, Fire Diamonds would probably be better. I'd also figure that some slightly beefier goblins would be more effective than the 0 casting cost artifacts. It would give you an alternative to straight comboing, and hopefully force the opponent to expose themselves a little more. I'd also throw in some more reliable burn, for spot removal or as another finisher threat.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Melkor said:
I don't really see the need for the Paradise Mantles, you don't need the multi-color mana, and they don't seem to make the deck that much faster. Not to mention being dependent on having a creature. If you wanted artifact mana, Fire Diamonds would probably be better. I'd also figure that some slightly beefier goblins would be more effective than the 0 casting cost artifacts. It would give you an alternative to straight comboing, and hopefully force the opponent to expose themselves a little more. I'd also throw in some more reliable burn, for spot removal or as another finisher threat.
Yeah, that was just another way to get enough mana to go off.
Fire Diamonds... hmmm ...Lotus Petal.... Sol Ring.........

The goblins are only there as chump blockers and sac for mana.

Maybe the Brightstone Ritual or Song could be replaced by bolt or shock, but not both.

Which cards would you replace and with what?

Melkor

Well, my thought process is that 1 Counterspell kind of puts the kibosh on most of your decks plans. So you've got the extra mana to cast things quicker, but the problem is all they need to do is wait and counter the Mindslaver. So I think you need a little more utility and beefier goblins to make the control player do something else with their mana. I would probably take out all the 0 casting cost artifact creatures, the Goblin Chirurgeons, the Paradise Mantles, and with so many fewer artifacts the Krark-Clan Stoker. So that is 15 spots to reallocate. If I were building it from the ground up, I'd be tempted to create some sort of casual semi-mono-brown variant, with as much artifact acceleration as I could put my hands on and play some Covetous Dragons, Goblin Welders, Wildfires. However, sticking with your general plans, if you have a Mana Vault, or Grim Monolith, I'd put those in, if not, put in a couple Fire Diamonds, Sol Ring if you have it. I'd put in 4 Mogg Fanatics, in place of some of the goblins that have been taken out. I'd also put in that last Mage's Contest. I'd play a Kaervek's Torch and a Ghitu Fire and put in 4 Lightning Bolts. I'd also throw in some Pillages if you have them. It's kind of a big shift, getting rid of a lot of creatures and putting burn in instead. I just think that the burn gives you more utility, it kills their creatures rather than just chumping to them, or you can turn around and send it to the opponent, getting his life total lower, making Mage's Contest more effective when not comboing. The two X burn spells also give you at least a potential answer to a very large creature that chump blocking is ineffective against (flyer, trampler, etc.). You also loose some of the extra mana from the Stokers, but I think you already have about enough acceleration, and with a better selection of artifact mana, it will lessen the impact of the loss of the Stokers and you still have room for the Songs and Rituals (although I'd have to play it to see if the net loss of 4 goblins makes the Rituals not worth playing). Anyway, that's my advise, your mileage may vary.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Thanks Melkor. That clears up what you were saying before and I have to agree that my acceleration may be too much. I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes.
I was thinking that maybe we could have a tourney for decks made around the casual card HOF cards.