Cause of Death: Bludgeoned to death by Kird

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Rakarth can have his Bloodthirst deck, but this is my take on R/G.

4x Kird Ape

You cannot imagine how hard it was to get four of these. And then I realize that he was in 9th...
4x Giant Growth
4x Shock
3x Wild dogs
1x Sonic burst (I've never dropped anything other than a land with this gem)
1x Emblem of the warmind (FINALLY! A non-rare Mass Hysteria!)
1x Nimble mongoose
1x Lightning Serpent
1x Horned kavu (I need another few... I run A ball lightning creature and a few vanishers)
2x Skyshroud Ridgeback (see horned kavu)
2x Scab-clam Mauler
1x Skarggish ??? (1/1 for G, bloodthirst 1, can't be blocked by creatures with lower power. This card humiliates doran!)
2x Llanowar Elves
1x Disintegrate (Plan B)
1x Mogg Fanatic
2x Strength in numbers
2x Treetop Scout
1x Blastoderm
1x Rogue Elephant (Swing for three on turn two!)
1x Keldon Marauders (I don't know why people don't like this guy.)
1x Reckless abandon
1x Mogg Conscripts
1x Wild Chorist
1x Harrow
1x Raging Goblin
1x Treetop Village
1x Preadator's Strike
4x Wooded Foothills
4x Stomping Ground
4x Taiga
3x Forest
2x Mountain

I wish I had the fetch and double lands, but they'll pass in everywhere (except mono-colored).
What this deck would really love is two or three rumbling slums. The incredibly efficient creature would fit in here perfectly.
It usually wins on turn five or six. I would love to make it faster, but I don't know how.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow..... there're an awful lot of 1-ofs in there..... that should be the first you fix. Consistency is better than "lots of tricks."

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

I know, It's pretty new. I haven't had the time to improve it that far.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Rogue Elephant needs Harvest Wurm.....

Reckless abandon needs cheap creatures that you want to sac

Keldon Marauders is a great card, now get it back out of your GY.... that's the better trick.....

B

Budget Player Cadet

What's GY?
I wish I had the Harvest wurm, and my deck does sort of have a theme with hard-hitting, expendable creatures (skyshroud ridgeback, keldon marauders). Nothing beats hitting for three with the marauders and then for four with reckless abandon.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Hmm... Once something is gone, It's gone, that's the way of nature. But killing things is still a theme... I could post my has-been pandemonium deck here. It ran four flings! :D

R

Rakarth

I believe it's Skarragan Pit-Skulk and he found his way into my deck but soon exited as he never stayed around long enough to get pumped up, but if he works for you then go for it

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

Thank you, Rakarth. Yeah, he works fine in my deck.
I have now two rumbling slums, and I set a new personal speed record-kill on turn three with this deck! No, wait, I missed a land drop, it was turn four, sorry. But still a new personal record!